Window Shopping

Sorry things have been a little slow around here recently; we’ve been super busy getting our new space organized and, on top of that, we’ve been traveling to find new inventory. We were in Manhattan a few weeks ago and couldn’t resist the call of the Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market. Since I knew I didn’t have room in my suitcase to buy much of anything, I decided to approach the flea market as a photographer instead of a shopper. My logic? If I couldn’t own it, at least I could have a picture to remember it always.

Vintage ceramic dogs
Vintage dog figurines. Aren’t they adorable?

Vintage mirrors
Vintage mirrors. Bonus points if you can spot the photographer.

Vintage chair
Quite possibly the most perfect vintage chair ever.

I did leave with a small but significant find: a vintage ring (only $1!!) with my first two intials “SM” spelled out in rhinestones. I promptly fell in love with it and it, in return, promptly turned my finger green. Unfortunately, I think it’s going to have to be a display piece on my dresser from now on.

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr
Susan

8 Responses to Window Shopping

1. Chrissy 05/20/2008 at 9:16 pm #

you can paint the inside of the ring with clear nail polish! It will keep your finger from turning green AND be invisible to the eye!

2. Susan 05/20/2008 at 9:55 pm #

Wow Chrissy, that’s a great idea! I’m definitely going to give that a try. Thanks!

3. FleaSpeech 05/21/2008 at 9:47 am #

That vintage chair is interesting in design — one arm is different.

Glad you had good weather for your market trip.

4. Ann 05/24/2008 at 8:56 pm #

I agree – that chair is amazing. Is that photographer… Marilyn Monroe? :oP

5. Carissa 07/27/2008 at 1:23 am #

How much was that vintage chair?

6. Anna 07/31/2008 at 5:04 pm #

If I couldn’t own it, at least I could have a picture to remember it always.

That’s my philosophy as well! It’s how I always manage to talk myself out of buying something I have to have but I know is definitely not worth the hefty price tag. I can save a picture to my computer and always admire it from there.

7. reanna 11/02/2008 at 4:31 am #

I want to buy this… is that possible? Or do you know where I can find another?

8. Tracy 11/24/2008 at 12:27 am #

I have a slightly bulkier, symmetrical version of that chair at home, I got it for $25 at value village, but my roommates thought it was way too tacky for me to bring home the matching love seat. They have no sense of adventure =(
    The burnt orange old lady chair now resides in my bedroom as a laundry magnet.

But, If you contact a local reupholstering company they should know where you can get sweet old pieces like this one!