Meet Lindsay

Greetings fellow fashion lovers, my name is Lindsay Williams. I am the Lead Writer, Assistant Buyer, and one of the Photoshoot Stylists for ModCloth.com. I am responsible for many of the quips you find in our descriptions, a portion of the wonderful clothing you lovingly incorporate into your wardrobes, and a quite a bit of the beautiful and quirky outfits our models wear oh-so-well.
I was born in scenic Pittsburgh, PA, where I quickly developed a love for fancy dresses and elegant shoes. After a short lived tomboy phase, I came back to my first true love – dressing up. I am a master thrift store shopper, a mediocre (but improving) knitter, and an admirer of all things pretty. I have a penchant for 1920′s fashion, although my personal style tends to gravitate to the 70′s. My favorite Ebay search is “BoHo”, and I’d give my soul for a kelly green 3/4 length sleeve cardigan and perfect beige pumps. Norwegian, Finnish and Japanese street style blogs will always have a special place in my heart (as well as professional football and hockey), and I couldn’t live without my brown boot collection (6 pairs and counting). That’s me in a (hopefully stylish) nutshell.
So here I am with the ModTeam working a job I love, and I’d like to pass that passion on to you, loyal blog readers. Outfit of the week, street style, name that item contests – and anything else you’d like to see – will be right here waiting like your favorite antique chair. Feel free to contact me at lindsay@modcloth.com with suggestions, questions, or to tell me about things you simply can’t live without. Thanks for reading, and happy shopping!

About ModCloth

7 Responses to Meet Lindsay

1. Lindsay Warren 08/19/2008 at 11:24 pm #

Hey, we have the same initials. I got freaked out for a second there… :)
    I love this site! keep it up!

2. Sarah Scherini 08/20/2008 at 12:39 am #

I’m absolutely, as the above Lindsay has said; in love with this site as well.
    And I have a gorgeous green A.T.L. cardigan that I found in a thrift shop; try that?
    But anyhow, keep up the amazing work, you guys are awesome.

3. Susan 08/20/2008 at 9:10 am #

Welcome to the blog Lindsay!!

xoxo

4. Kirsten 08/20/2008 at 2:34 pm #

Amazing stuff you do. Look forward to hearing more from you!

(I feel the same about a green cardigan! Dream come true)

5. Eboni 08/20/2008 at 9:53 pm #

Heya!
    And Welcome!

Beige Pumps huh?
    I’m alittle brand crazy but I’ll recommend the Jet and Blair shoe by Oh Deer.
    The Jet pump is pointy with a gold sole and the Blair is a Garbo-esque pump with a gold, reptilian toe!

If you really want a prize, maybe look for the “Praline”!
    It’s a smooth, round-toe with a Louboutin inspired red sole!
    I love mine!

Cheers!

6. Marie 08/21/2008 at 7:06 pm #

Welcome! sounds like a fun job!

7. Ashley 08/23/2008 at 1:43 am #

Yay beige pumps, I’m feeling classy already. By the way, yay for Pittsburgh and everything. And hockey! Lol. I live in Churchill. And yay for all you guys, I truly love all of it