Nestled between Halloween and Christmas, chilly little November often gets neglected. Sure, Thanksgiving gets a heap of press, but that’s only one day in an entire month — that’s why we decided to come up with the Top Ten Things We Love About November (besides Thanksgiving).
1. Election Day. We were thrilled with the results of the election, but whether your guy won or not, this day was historic for many reasons (including the highest percentage of voter turnout on record) !
2. HandMade Arcade. This weekend in Shadyside! Stay tuned, as Emily will be blogging allll about it…
5. Lip Stain and Textured Tights. As the weather turns from cool to cold, you’re free to wear those darker tints and cozy legwear.
6. Movember. Alicia found this info about the Australian custom on Wikipedia: “It’s quite common for some males in Australia … to sport a mustache during the month of November. The custom being known as Movember… a fundraising event for men’s health issues … A similar observance in the United States, called No Shave November, involves a full beard as opposed to a mustache.” For more info, check out the official Movember site.
7. Football and Hockey in the same month! Woo!
8. Book Releases, including Toni Morrison’s A Mercy and Bob Dylan & Barry Feinstein’s Hollywood Foto-Rhetoric.
9. ModCloth Birthdays. We can’t wait to celebrate another year with Lindsay, Tim, Amanda and Susan.
10. The First Big Snow. We’re so excited, we can almost taste the hot chocolate (even if we’re too old to wish for a two-hour delay)! Who knows? The first big snowfall may be just around the corner…
Now, it’s your turn. What do YOU love about November?