Style Icon: Zooey Deschanel

I’d always had an enthusiastic love affair with vintage clothing, but the more I saw pictures of Zooey Deschanel in vintage dresses, the more my need for vintage dresses increased. A headband in her hair on the red carpet caused me to increase my supply of them tenfold, and there have been several occasions that I’ve gone to my hair dresser, Zooey photo in hand, in order to trade in my side swept-bangs for straight blunt ones.

Zooey Deschanel is my style icon because not only is she is possibly the most adorable woman on the planet but her style seems to transcend trend or era. She wears vintage like she was meant for it and in a way that never looks dowdy or outdated. Even her hair (sans a short stint with a blonde bob) and makeup are flawless and enviable.

Zooey’s style consists of a few key elements: a vintage or vintage-inspired stand out piece, adorable heels or flats, and tights. It’s a look that’s easy to emulate, but hard to perfect–and until I do, Zooey Deschanel will always remain my style icon!

7 Responses to Style Icon: Zooey Deschanel

1. Melina 11/11/2008 at 11:29 pm #

I LOVE HER!!!!! She’s my style icon too! I can’t get enough of her! I’m currently trying to emulate my wardrobe to be like hers. I just got her haircut too and I love it!

2. Sara 11/12/2008 at 12:59 am #

plus, She & Him is fantastic.

3. Emily 11/12/2008 at 5:09 pm #

I love her too, she is perfect! Great post, Sari!

4. Emily D. 11/12/2008 at 7:00 pm #

Ditto! Naturally she’s a Capricorn.

5. Alex 01/17/2009 at 9:00 pm #

I agree She & Him are amazing.

6. xionay 04/15/2010 at 7:39 pm #

Zooey is my fashion icon. Im saving up to have a whole new wardrobe and shes my inspiration. She also inspired me to grow out my hair and cut it like hers. Lets not forget She&Him is <3

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. ModLife » Blog Archive » Get That Look: Zooey Deschanel - 03/26/2009

[…] ModCloth stylist extraordinaire, Vasil, presents his next installment of “Get That Look!”In this series, Vasil shows us how to create our own variation of celebrity fashion using ModCloth products. This week, he transforms our lovely buyer, Sari, into her style icon: Zooey Deschanel! […]