Outfit of the Week: A Few of My Favorite Things

For this week’s Outfit of the Week, I thought I’d share a few of my current fashion obsessions!

Feathers : Feather earrings, headbands, and prints are all grand, but this Plumage of Burma Clip definitely takes the cake. It’s the perfect way to make an outfit stand out!

V-neck Anything: V-neck tees are a staple in my wardrobe, but it’s just getting a little too cold for t-shirts, so for these colder months, the awesome Shy Cardigan will happily fill that V-neck void.

Black and Brown: Despite what your mother may have told you, you can wear black and brown together. This is one of my favorite fashion realizations of the last 5 years, and now I adore the combo, especially in pieces like the Sealed with a Kiss Clutch and Peek A Booties that I’m wearing here!

Shine: Sequins and Lame, like the Super Hero Metallic Bra in purple worn here, are great additions that will make an outfit pop. But remember: a little sequins and shine go a long way!   Also in the outfit: The Fundamental Skinny Jean, The Burgh Girl Necklace and Heart on Your Sleeve Watch.

So, ModClothers: What are your current fashion obsessions ?

6 Responses to Outfit of the Week: A Few of My Favorite Things

1. Kirsten 11/20/2008 at 7:49 pm #

That outfit is super cute!

Id have to say my obsessions currently are

Sweaters – Any style any color, got to have them!

Slouchy Berets – Perfect to hide any bad hair day!

Hats – The Vintage the better!

And

boots – slouchy or knee high, you cant go wrong pairing them with tights!

2. Tara 11/20/2008 at 10:39 pm #

I’ve been digging out my out boho scarves to dress up work outfits

My Christmas wish is for more snuggly knit tights (I live in Alaska!)

Delicate cardigans with a little heart necklace

My 30+ vintage tie collection from my Dad’s retirement

3. Kendall 11/21/2008 at 3:32 am #

I definitely have to agree with Kirsten, slouchy boots and slouchy berets are a must have this season. I have a beret in every color. I’m also currently obsessed with sweater dresses. Colorful coats are also a new favorite of mine, coats aren’t just black or brown any more.

4. Kristin 11/24/2008 at 4:35 pm #

i am into cone heeled mary janes, satin pencil skirts, patent leather everything, vintage purses, and bows- i can’t get over the bows (especially lulu’s bows!)

5. Tara 01/19/2009 at 3:24 pm #

I’d have to say my three obbsessions are:

Cardigans- any style, any color (except orange)

Jeans- always have been because they’re so comfertable, right now I’m trying to find the perfect pair of skinny jeans because they’re really useful but normally make me look like a sausage.

Dresses- the more vintage the better, but I still have to have ones that I can wear at school

6. sari 01/24/2009 at 3:58 pm #

Tara: If you are looking for a good skinny jean I’d really suggest The Fundamental Skinny Jean I’m wearing in the photo! They have alot of stretch which make them super forgiving.. I’d even suggest going down a size!