Top Ten Things We’re Thankful For

1. Our Customers. Each day, we are reminded that we have the most stylish, creative and supportive customers on the planet!

2. All Things Cozy. ‘Tis the season for down comforters, fuzzy socks, knits and knitting!

3. Mod Dogs and Cats, like Morgan’s new kitten, John Locke, and Winston, of course!

4. DVR, On Demand and YouTube.  How else could we catch up on House, Lost, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Soup, The Flight of the Conchords and our other favorite shows?

5. Wheel Deliver. Starting today, this amazing delivery service will bring us our lunch every day. Sooo good.

6. Heat (especially in our new warehouse)!

7. Sweet Holiday Drinks like hot chocolate and Soy Nog.

8. Guilty Pleasures (such as ABBA, Celebreality and The Gobblerito).

9. The Pittsburgh Steelers. Here we go!

10. The Fundamental Skinny Jean. Super comfortable, chic and flattering – not a day goes by without someone in the office wearing these awesome jeans!)

Now we must know – what are you thankful for, ModCloth gals and guys?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

16 Responses to Top Ten Things We’re Thankful For

1. Janie 11/24/2008 at 10:27 am #

The top ten things that I am thankful for:
    1. My literacy and the ability to write little literary snacks for whoever cares to read them.
    2. A well used library card where I can get all of my favorite novels, DVDs, and books on disc without having to spend the little dough I have.
    3. My kitty, Liono, who makes every day a little brighter

4. Pandora radio station for knowing my musical tastes so well
    5. My gigantic size 50 knitting speed sticks, on which I whip up many a quick holiday gift.
    6. Copious amounts of coffee, without whose help I wouldn’t be able to get through my busy day
    7. The New York Islanders, even if they are blowing this year.
    8. Spinet pianos to fit inside my matchbox sized apartment
    9. Family and friends that have become family
    10. And Modcloth for keeping me stylin’ on the streets of Philly. Thanks!

2. Lindsay 11/24/2008 at 12:07 pm #

STEELERS! WOO!

3. Stephanie Sanchez 11/24/2008 at 1:46 pm #

1. I know it’s cheesy but my family and friends.
    2. getting to wear winter clothing again
    3. Hot chocolate.
    4. the wheather in San Diego not too cold but San Dieagans are spoiled.
    5. My very big puppys.
    6. Learning to knit so I can make myself a beanie and what not.
    7. Mod cloth so I can get some great gear for the winter.
    8. My grandmother teaching me how to sew.

4. Kristin 11/24/2008 at 5:25 pm #

this is a fantastic thanksgiving post idea modcloth!

oh, the things i am thankful for:
    1. when east coast men move west
    10. a palm springs thanksgiving adventure

5. yolie 11/24/2008 at 6:13 pm #

I am thankful for:
    1. exclaimation points!
    2. horrible puns
    3. the freedom of speech
    4. my cat, who dissapeared and I thought was dead, but then suddenly reappeared.
    5. kurt vonnegut
    6. aldous huxley
    7. indian food
    8. will power
    9. pandas
    10. my dads’ jokes and stories

6. Polly 11/24/2008 at 7:51 pm #

i am thankful for modcloth.

seriously.

7. Kirsten 11/24/2008 at 8:13 pm #

I am thankful for…

1) My friends, exspecially my best friend Stina whom no matter what is always there…even when im having a nervy spazz while talking to my favorite band.

2) My Family, whom are even scattered across the world still manage to project their love and annoying-familyness across it.

3) My Education, I get to go to the school of my dreams and follow my passion in art.

4) Music, Lady Gaga, The Beatles, Queen? The list goes on, theres a song for every mood from happiness to the blues and I wouldnt have it any other way.

5) My Spice Girls Polaroid Camera and My Digital – My camera is awesome pink and purple spice cam and my digital never leaves my side, Keeping me always ready to capture those special moments..and the embaressing ones!

6) Mod Cloth – To keep me, stylish, amused, and always creative (All those names spark so many other ideas!)

7) Christmas Lights – Something about brightly colored lights glowing in the dark night makes me oh so happy.

8) Cuckoo Clocks – I own like….10…They are amazing!

9) Books – Oh literature, how I would die without you. Most importantly my new leather bound copy of the complete works of Lewis Carroll.

10) And Finally…..DISNEYLAND! Who no matter how old you are sparks a little bit of magic in everyone, even though its ridiculously over priced.

8. Maggie 11/24/2008 at 8:49 pm #

Awww … these lists are the perfect mix of heart-warming and hilarious! ;)

9. Lex 11/24/2008 at 10:23 pm #

1. That someone named their cat John Locke! Did she and the cat enter into a social contract based on individual rights?
    2. Free textbooks from publishing houses! Hooray for faculty status!
    3. I would say the Detroit Lions, but we are not speaking right now.
    4. Ear Bags (www.earbags.com)
    5. Seasonal latte flavors at the coffee shops
    6. Cardigans, particularly argyle ones
    7. The big Fs: fiance, family, and friends. Holiday love!
    8. Women’s Health magazine – the only useful woman’s mag out there
    9. Treadmills so that I don’t have to run outside, ever.
    10. Patagonia’s merino long underwear. Wisconsin winters will never be the same!

10. Kamarie 11/24/2008 at 10:38 pm #

I am thankful for:

1. Friends that treat you like family when you’re far away from home.

2. Family that sends cards reminding you how much they love you.

3. Typewriters

4. Purring kittens

5. Boys that give sweet kisses

6. Warm sweaters

7. Cold nights

8. Red Wine

9. Art

10. snow flakes

11. Tamara 11/25/2008 at 12:14 am #

1. My new bebe kitten, Gozer (photos upon request).

2. Having finally worked on a WINNING campaign, after 14 years! (I shall retire now and finally go to grad school.)

3. Health. love, and family. None of these things earned, but garnered nonetheless.

4. Proximity to the beach!

5. Literacy.

6. Compassion.

7. Beautiful young men.

8. Beautiful old women.

9. My mom’s recipes.

10. My grandmother’s antique jewelry.

12. Laura_love_animals 11/25/2008 at 7:52 am #

Kamarie…I think you must be another part of me…..something like in “SLIDING DOORS” film??!! I would have answered ALL of your answers….
    …..but I’d certainly add “MODCLOTH”!!!!!!!!!

Kisses from a snowy Venice, ITALY!!!!

13. Richard Brown 11/25/2008 at 2:57 pm #

1. kristin C. and how she’s been my catalyst for many life changing events

2. family who were totally understanding and accepting of my move to the opposite side of the country.

3. all of my best friends back east who let me leave (and leave some of my stuff with them)

4. new talented and stylish friends in the Bay: contempo-kelly bundy; kid jeffrey lee congo pierce-powers; steve earle jr. and his lovely and crafty wife, the voice of reason.

5. the C. family in livermore, CA who have been nothing but generous and welcoming

6. the cool aunt and uncle and their chihuahua children

7. all the new sites in CA i’ve seen already and the new ones i’ll see in on the way to–and in–palm springs this week

8. live streaming broadcasts of football games online so i can still catch all of the steelers games.

9. NTMTO for making me feel like i’m still up on ‘burgh happenings

10. wellbutrin

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. One Night Stanzas » Blog Archive » What are you thankful for? - 11/25/2008

[...] lovely, lovely folks over at Modcloth recently posted their Top 10 list of things to be thankful for, in honour of Thanksgiving Day 2008! And, since I did something like this for Halloween, I thought [...]

2. One Night Stanzas » Blog Archive » Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/2008

[...] Fowl takes a fresh look at Thanksgiving // and in case you haven’t checked it out yet… Modlife’s Thanksgiving Top 10, which inspired my Thanksgiving [...]

3. Design That Kills » Blog Archive » so thankful. - 11/27/2008

[...] large quantities of food and think about those things we are thankful for. I enjoyed reading what the modcloth kids are thankful for, as well as the responses posted. It’s what got Richard Wayne and I thinking about those [...]