At ModCloth, we love stockings (and the style icons who have made them popular again, like vintage burlesque fashionista, Dita Von Teese). At this time of year, however, the word “stockings” is usually used to describe those large & furry boot-like socks hanging from the family fireplace. The good news is that just because these stockings are a holiday tradition, doesn’t mean you have to stuff them traditionally! Here are our Top Ten Favorite Stocking Stuffers:
1. A Handwritten Letter is the perfect way to show how you feel without spending any money. Check out this letter that Molly wrote to give to her puppy, Keith Richards:
4. Tiny bottles of booze, like Godiva’s delicious Mocha Liqueur sampler:
5. Polaroids. Whether they’re funny, nostalgic or risque is up to you!
6. Perfume, cologne and beauty samples. You know those free samples that just aren’t your style? Instant stocking stuffers! (Want some more free samples? Check these out!)
7. Personalized Stationary and other cute desk stuff.
9. Fruit. Not just an alternative to candy – did you know that it’s good luck to receive an apple in your stocking?
10. Little Practical Stuff, like toothpaste, de-icers and AAA membership cards.
What would YOU like to see in your stocking this holiday season?