1. Learn something new, either by taking a class at the local community college, reading a how-to or just doing it, already! Some specific things we’d love to learn include sewing, changing our own oil, cooking a delicious meal from scratch and hosting a tea.
2. Take, paint or write a self-portrait to get a sense of how you see yourself. Check out ModCloth photog Danielle’s self-portrait:
3. Take better care of our bodies. We don’t necessarily mean dropping pounds (like every commercial seems to be urging us to do this month), but we do mean forming (and sticking to) healthier habits, like exercising, taking vitamins, drinking more water and cutting down on fat and sugar. Need help getting started? Here’s a Fitness Plan, courtesy of The Center for Young Women’s Health.
Keep reading for more of our New Year Resolutions!
4. Budget. Those bills won’t pay themselves!
5. Call Mom and Dad more often. A look at the old family album should put you in the mood:
6. Reduce stress. Alicia suggests starting a Fire-Y: “Write out your aggressions and frustrations on a piece of paper every day and light them on fire.”
7. Become better at something. For example, I’ve always wanted to hustle a stranger in pool like Julia Roberts does in Mystic Pizza.
8. Volunteer or find another fun way to give back.
We’re dying to know- what are your New Year’s Resolutions?