Top Ten Superbowl Snacks: A Very Special Weekend Edition

[Image above: (clockwise from left) 1. Wings 2. Beer 3. Chili 4. Pierogies 5. Cheese Fries]

The Superbowl is almost here, and we are SUPER excited. If you haven’t already figured it out, many of us at ModCloth are die-hard Steelers fans (myself included), but we think that even non-football enthusiasts would agree that these ten delicious snacks are worth celebrating!

Have a favorite snack that didn’t make the list? Leave a comment!

[Image above: (clockwise from left) 6. Pizza 7. Swedish Meatballs 8. Kielbasa 9. Chips and Dip 10. Jalapeno Poppers]

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

12 Responses to Top Ten Superbowl Snacks: A Very Special Weekend Edition

1. Katie Z. 01/30/2009 at 6:14 pm #

I think Pennsylvania has a pierogi appreciation that is rivaled (possibly) only by Milwaukee and Detroit Polish populations! *Love* them… my grandma makes her own cheese filling for them. A recent recipe I’ve enjoyed making is black bean confetti “salsa”/salad: bell peppers; black beans; chili powder, cumin, other spices to taste; lime juice. Very simple, but very refreshing!

Polish language Trivia: pierogi is already plural… the singular is “pieróg.”

2. Madalynn 01/30/2009 at 6:27 pm #

I am definitely a cheesegirl gal!

3. Madalynn 01/30/2009 at 6:27 pm #

I mean cheesecurl :)

4. Melanie 01/30/2009 at 7:22 pm #

…i want those cheese fries *drool* :o

5. Andrea 01/30/2009 at 8:28 pm #

Hmm…if I watched it I would eat vegan cupcakes!

Ha.

6. Vee 01/30/2009 at 9:46 pm #

Haha love the little patriotic Swedish meatballs. Not to be confused with other types of meatballs :)

7. Tamara 01/30/2009 at 11:02 pm #

Oooh, those jalapeno poppers look tasty…

8. Kirsten 01/31/2009 at 2:01 pm #

This made me so hungry! Yum! Dont forget the popcorn and pretzel sticks with mustard!

9. Willa 01/31/2009 at 8:13 pm #

Steelers fans? I’m still bitter about the Ravens game a couple weeks ago ;-)

10. Lindsay 02/01/2009 at 9:24 am #

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

11. lucie_beluga 02/02/2009 at 3:55 am #

Americans are the bests for snacks, here in France , searching a proper nacho cheese that’ll melt correctly is just useless v_v””(not even talking about the amazing pumpkin ice-cream from ben and jerry’s that I haven’t been able to lay my hands on at hallowe’en), but maybe that’s better for me as if I was as tempted as you may be everyday I wouldn’t be able to resist at all and wouldn’t fit anymore in any of my outfits T_T..

12. dominika 03/01/2009 at 1:49 pm #

“pierogi” tastes best when they’re filled with cabbage and mushrooms. And poured with melted “smalec” with “skwarki”. It is such a mixed “Topten”. Almost from all the countries:) In Poland we eat also piergies with fruit filling – strawberries, bluberries, MNIAM!
    By the way, I just love your site, your blog, your style and your clothes :) They are fantastic and so oryginall! Sorry for my mistakes. I’m writing moooore better in Polish than in English, but promise to get better :) Kocham i pozdrawiam :)