Top Ten TV Shows With Style

[Images above (diagonally from top left corner): Pushing Daisies, Mad Men, Gossip Girl, Sex and the City, Beverly Hills 90210]

After posting “Top Ten Movies with Style,” I received some feedback that suggested that I should do a follow-up with television shows. Without further ado, let me present to you the “Top Ten TV Shows with Style!”

1. Mad Men. Sure, we’re a little biased since former ModCloth model, Hannah, works on the set, but we think the gorgeous and precise costuming of this compelling A&E series makes it a definite choice for #1!
  2. Sex and the City is an obvious choice because of its mainstreaming of high fashion, most notably in making “Manolo Blahnik” a household name.
  3. The Mary Tyler Moore Show was one of the first series to focus on the working woman (and the working woman’s wardrobe) – and don’t forget that iconic hat-tossing in the opening credits!
  4. Beverly Hills 90210 (The Original) had a major influence on 1990s style by popularizing acid wash jeans, bangs, and bodysuits.
  5. My So-Called Life was the epitome of grunge-era style: lots of flannel, combat boots, and teen angst.
  6. The L Word. Sleek and chic LA Style! If you haven’t seen an episode yet, you better hurry – there are only two left!
  7. Twin Peaks. Who would have thought a show about a murder in the small town in the Pacific Northwest would be so stylish? We love Josie’s 1930s-style coif and bright red lips, but we especially can’t get enough of Audrey Horne’s sexy vintage-inspired looks.
  8. Pushing Daisies. This little show with a cult following has a big impact on indie style. We’re sad to see it go!
  9. Gossip Girl. Preppy chic has never been so fun…or scandalous.
  10. Six Feet Under still haunts us. We miss the show’s dark wit and Claire’s boho style.

About ModCloth

12 Responses to Top Ten TV Shows With Style

1. Lily 02/23/2009 at 1:14 pm #

I love Chuck’s clothes.
    BRING PUSHING DAISIES BACK!!!

2. Leia 02/23/2009 at 1:14 pm #

Lots of fantastic outfits on Ugly Betty and Lipstick Jungle too! And some of the outfits of the girls on Privileged are great as well. x

3. ann 02/23/2009 at 3:35 pm #

oh man I’m going to miss Pushing Daisies’ parade of Chuck’s style!

4. Rebecca 02/23/2009 at 8:00 pm #

pushing daisies DOES need to come back. its so witty. and of course the fashions are amazing! chuck has some great get ups!

5. Victoria Sharoyan 02/23/2009 at 8:33 pm #

Pushing Daisies was the most adorable show on television, I was so sad to see it go. And Chuck really did have fantastic clothes. I always wondered where she got them considering she pretty much lived in hiding.

Also, wanted to let you guys know my Hexpress Yourself T-shirt was a big hit with all my friends and I’ve turned a bunch of them into ModCloth lovers!

6. Jasmine 02/23/2009 at 8:56 pm #

mad men!!

7. June 02/23/2009 at 9:35 pm #

Minor quibble, but Mad Men is on AMC, not A&E.

8. Katie B. 02/24/2009 at 8:07 am #

I’m in love with GG. Best clothes with a variety of styles depending on the character.

9. Maggie 02/24/2009 at 10:13 am #

OMG June, you’re totally right! Thanks for correcting my mistake – Mad Men IS on AMC! :)

10. Lissette 02/24/2009 at 10:31 am #

That’s so funny because John Hamm made a joke on SNL about how people don’t really know that AMC is a channel. So instead they go, You sure you don’t mean A&E? But no, it’s AMC. :)

11. Only's Only 02/24/2009 at 10:51 am #

I agree – Pushing Daisies needs to come back. It was witty, charming, funny, and visually brilliant! The sets and (especially) the clothes were beautiful & inspiring. Thanks for adding as a top 10!

12. Tina 02/26/2009 at 11:23 pm #

yay for pushing daisies!
    the reason i got into modcloth was because of that show, and trying to dress like chuck, so yay!