I am so excited for the Spring. I can’t wait until it gets warmer here in the ‘Burgh, but I have to admit, my favorite season is Fall. I love the colors, the clothes, and particularly the food! So when the sun comes back and the snow is gone, and I find myself getting nostalgic for Autumn, I whip up a batch of these healthy little Pumpkin Pie Sandwiches. They’ve got all the frozen yumminess of a warm-weather treat, with all the flavors of Thanksgiving. And, they are ridiculously easy to make!
Pumpkin Pie Sandwiches
- 1 8-ounce tub of fat free Cool Whip
- 2 packs (12 full sheets) of reduced fat honey graham crackers
- 1 8-ounce can of organic pumpkin pie mix
- Room in your freezer for a small cookie sheet
- Break up the graham crackers in half so that you have 24 squares while the Cool Whip comes to room temperature.
- Mix 1/2 of the can of pumpkin pie mix with the Cool Whip. Taste. If you like a stronger pumpkin flavor, keep adding until you’re happy.
- Scoop the Cool Whip/pumpkin mixture on to 12 graham cracker squares. Cover the mixture with the remaining 12 squares, setting them gently atop the Cool Whip mixture. Do not press them down!
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cookie sheet and quickly put in the freezer until hard. Enjoy!
Vegan? Instead of using Cool Whip, let a pint of vanilla Tofutti get soft (not runny!). Working quickly, mix the desired amount of pumpkin into the Tofutti, and scoop onto the crackers. Make your sandwiches, and freeze for a totally vegan winter-meets-summer treat!