Pumpkin Pie Sandwiches

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

I am so excited for the Spring. I can’t wait until it gets warmer here in the ‘Burgh, but I have to admit, my favorite season is Fall. I love the colors, the clothes, and particularly the food! So when the sun comes back and the snow is gone, and I find myself getting nostalgic for Autumn, I whip up a batch of these healthy little Pumpkin Pie Sandwiches. They’ve got all the frozen yumminess of a warm-weather treat, with all the flavors of Thanksgiving.  And, they are ridiculously easy to make!

Pumpkin Pie Sandwiches

• 1 8-ounce tub of fat free Cool Whip
  • 2 packs (12 full sheets) of reduced fat honey graham crackers
  • 1 8-ounce can of organic pumpkin pie mix
  • Room in your freezer for a small cookie sheet
  1. Break up the graham crackers in half so that you have 24 squares while the Cool Whip comes to room temperature.
  2. Mix 1/2 of the can of pumpkin pie mix with the Cool Whip. Taste. If you like a stronger pumpkin flavor, keep adding until you’re happy.
  3. Scoop the Cool Whip/pumpkin mixture on to 12 graham cracker squares. Cover the mixture with the remaining 12 squares, setting them gently atop the Cool Whip mixture. Do not press them down!
  4. Transfer the sandwiches to a cookie sheet and quickly put in the freezer until hard. Enjoy!

Vegan? Instead of using Cool Whip, let a pint of vanilla Tofutti get soft (not runny!). Working quickly, mix the desired amount of pumpkin into the Tofutti, and scoop onto the crackers. Make your sandwiches, and freeze for a totally vegan winter-meets-summer treat!

9 Responses to Pumpkin Pie Sandwiches

1. Natalie 02/25/2009 at 11:51 am #

Oh this makes me SO hungry…are you making these for us for lunch!?!? haha I think you should!

2. Cousin Katie 02/25/2009 at 12:28 pm #

Molly, my friend just made these for us, and they are awesome! She did hers minus the pumpkin with peanut butter instead- love it! Also, all growing up, my mom let us eat frosting (from the jar/can) with graham crackers and its still one of my favorite snacks, though not quite as healthy! Xoxo!

3. Angela 02/25/2009 at 12:33 pm #

Oh wow. Yum. The vegan version sounds even better than the non-veg!

4. Rachel 02/25/2009 at 12:38 pm #

I’m with you Molly – Autumn is the best! My boyfriend and I are suckers for pumpkin flavored treats, so I can’t wait to give this recipe a whirl!

5. Sister Krista 02/25/2009 at 4:06 pm #

Aw, I LOVE pumpkin (and Autumn, too!)…maybe its genetic or something. :-) I will definitely try them. Actually, after our Weight Watchers meeting we have a nice healthy dinner—maybe I’ll make these for a dessert!
    Oooh, Katie, the peanut butter ones sound yummy as well- but definitely not as healthy :-)

6. la petite fashionista 02/26/2009 at 1:16 pm #

These sound absolutely AMAZING! i’m putting the ingredients on my grocery shopping list, thanks! :)

xoxo

7. Little Gray Pixel 02/26/2009 at 2:54 pm #

Wow! I’m going to try this tonight. Thanks for the idea.

8. Megan 02/27/2009 at 1:36 am #

This sounds amazing! I’ll have to give it a try, for sure.

9. lucie béluga 02/28/2009 at 3:42 am #

love love love that idea