Celestial Spring Trends Sale

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

The stars are aligning, and at last, Spring is almost here!  A few months ago, our cosmopolitan cosmologist, Vasil, scrutinized the looks of New York Fashion Week, consulted his crystal ball, and predicted the trends that would rule Spring 2009. However, if you’re one of the people who plan their outfit the morning of, we’re sure that two months ago, you were on the lookout for a warm coat and cozy scarf (unless you’re one of the lucky people who doesn’t have to worry about winter!).  No matter your astrological sign, the outlook is bright for Spring 2009! As always, ModCloth offers hundreds of items that will help you stay unique and on trend this season! Check out our Celestial Trends Sale, today only!

Did you know that the phrase “In Like a Lion, out like a Lamb’ got its imagery from the constellations, Leo the Lion and Aries the Ram or Lamb? It refers to the position of these constellations in the sky at the beginning and end of the month, which make it seem like Leo is ascending in the beginning of March and Aries is retreating at the end of the month. Check out this cute cartoon for a fun take on the saying’s origin.

A Grand Design

For Spring 2009, our buyers, Sari, Susan, and Lindsay, searched far and wide to bring you some of the most unique prints. From exotic florals, to stripes and tartan, to bright geometric prints, you can be playful and stylish in your universe. Some of our favorites include the Art All Night Top, Folk Festival Dress, and Neo-Hippie Dress.

Take your own planet as inspiration in terms of your color choices this season. Earthy and muted tones are in, primarily beiges and nudes, paired with bold color accents, particularly primary colors. Don’t forget to look to the sea, as well, and incorporate a palette of white, icy lavender, and polar blues into your wardrobe rotation, like the Buenos Aires Dress.

Cosmic Cut

It’s all about emphasizing your silhouette this season, which means unique cuts are playing a major role in style.  Square cuts, ruffles, tailored blazers, and high-waisted pants, as well as geometric and 3D Shapes, all made a prominent appearance in the lines of many top designers.

[Make these stylish pieces with a unique cut part of your universe: The Charlotte DressChloris Blouse, and Jem and the Holograms Dress (which looks great with peep toes!)]

Astral Belts and Other Accessories

Even with oversized or loose-fitting dresses or tops,  enhancing your silhouette is still key this season, and what better way to do so than with a stylish belt, like the Mixed Berry Belt. Another great accessory for spring is long and large jewelry, like the Interior Design Necklace, which works as a great accent to any outfit. Hair accessories continue to rock this season too, like the ShakeYour Hair Feather Barrette.

Stellar Shoes

And finally, no matter how heavenly our ensembles, we can count on shoes to always keep us grounded. Whether its high heels or sandals, Spring enables you to choose any style and look chic. Glitter, sparkles, and metallic accents, along with straps and laces seem to define the fashion trends for the next couple of months. Check out the El Dorado Sandals and the Boudoir Boots!

For all these looks, be sure to shop our Celestial Spring Trends Sale today only!!

13 Responses to Celestial Spring Trends Sale

1. Lily 03/03/2009 at 11:43 am #

i looooove the shoes, but most i will not wear
    i would like to see trendy shoes that are vegan friendly and can walk in ALL day, those are hard to find. help!

btw i never told you guys, but since i found your site, i’ve been inspired to dress like i want to regardless what others may think of me as long as i felt comfortable with what i wore, and i’ve been finding old clothes and reusing them and so far i’ve been complimented
    var love:lily = new lily();
    if(modcloth == “inspiring”){
    love ++
    }

2. Arielle Kline 03/03/2009 at 2:55 pm #

I love ModCloth & all their clothes.

3. Arielle Kline 03/03/2009 at 2:56 pm #

My comment got cut off. :( I said, I love ModCloth & all their clothes! I wish I was rich so I could buy everything, especially all these new Spring trends. Like the Chloris Blouse!

4. Sabrina 03/03/2009 at 3:24 pm #

I love everything about ModCloth. But as a plus size woman it makes me very sad that the only things I can buy from ModCloth is the accessories and home decor. Have you guys thought about getting xl, xxl from your suppliers? Just a thought. We are a fair demographic, and we are not all size xs-l. Some of us have thyroid disorders, etc and we’d love to wear your clothing. You should do a poll on your website. I think you’d be surprised.

5. Arielle Kline 03/03/2009 at 3:48 pm #

I actually agree with Sabrina. I actually have thyroid disorders, along with other health issues and I can’t wear a lot of your clothes because I’m an XL. You guys should carry larger sizes, even XL would be nice.

6. Lindsay (ModCloth) 03/03/2009 at 4:56 pm #

@Sabrina and Arielle:

In the future, we’d love to offer a wider array of plus sized items. When the option is available, we order a larger run of sizes to accommodate everyone. Unfortunately, in our quest to feature small and up and coming designers, we’ve found that many simply don’t have the resources to offer sizing outside of S-M-L.
    But don’t fret! A line of plus mod clothing is something we always keep in mind, and hope to offer in the not-so-distant future.

Cheers,
    Lindsay
    ModCloth Buyer

7. madly59 03/03/2009 at 4:39 pm #

If only I could have it all! =)

8. Marie 03/03/2009 at 10:41 pm #

The “Jem and the Holograms” dress is a dream come true. If only I could find an excuse to justify buying it…

9. Heather 03/05/2009 at 12:50 am #

Love your stuff but I’m not always sure about the sizing. I wish that instead of just giving measurements, that you would give a size range like: small size 4-6 or (6-8 depending on designer) medium (8-10) or whatever. Juniors or misses sizing? You get the idea. What seems right on the flat measurements doesn’t always translate to a woman’s curves. You guys are great about exchanges and returns, yes, but I have to admit that there are several items I want to order and can’t bring myself to do so because of the sizing question.

10. Jane 03/05/2009 at 10:57 am #

I can’t wait to shed my winter layers and head to the pool in one of the super sweet retro swim suits on ModCloth – I am totally turned on by the slightly modest but full of style one-pieces! Why is the all-red one sold out already!?!?

11. Lauren 07/09/2010 at 12:26 am #

There are many things that I want to buy from ModCloth… but like Sabrina and Arielle I need a larger size. It honestly pisses me off when companies say that their designers don’t have the resources to include larger sizes. I call bull sh*t.

12. Jenn (ModCloth) 07/09/2010 at 2:57 am #

@Lauren: We’re sorry to hear that shopping on ModCloth hasn’t been the fun experience it should be! I’ve sent you an e-mail talking more about larger sizes!

13. Rachel 07/20/2010 at 8:39 pm #

I love browsing modcloth, but sadly, like it seems with others, the sizes run too small for me to actually purchase anything and it has actually put me off from even purchasing the accessories. This site does provide ideas for my own production of fitting clothing, but it would be nice to see more plus sized options. It seems like a year has gone by and nothing has changed.