Last summer, my friend Shontae threw the best Bastille Day party ever, thanks in part to the French-Revolution-themed Mad Libs contest and the Marie Antoinette action figure party favors…but mainly because of this dip! It was a huge hit, and I begged her for the recipe. Every time I make it, I think of summer parties and warm evenings…and the French Revolution. Hope you enjoy!
Shontae’s Super Cool Cucumber Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 medium cucumber, finely diced and seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (or 1 teaspoon dried mint)
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature about 10 – 15 minutes. While waiting for it to soften, chop up the cucumber. I like to leave a little of the skin, so the pretty green shows, but you can totally peel it if you like.
- Chop up the mint and chives – if you have kitchen shears, they work well for this task!
- In a deep bowl, combine everything except the cucumber. Taste. If you like a more intense flavor, add more herbs, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold the diced cucumber into the mixture. If you like a chunkier dip, add some more cucumber until you’re happy.
- Serve in a bread bowl with chunks of bread on the side for dipping. Carrot sticks and fancy crackers work well, too.
What’s the best party dip you’ve ever had?