Top Ten Awesome Trips We Want to Take

A couple weeks ago in the 3 ‘O Clock Slump, I discussed my love affair with this Egyptian Discovery Tour. This led to some good conversations with friends and coworkers about other trips that would be sweet. Here’s my top ten:

1. Egyptian Discovery.  No surprise here! Soon, I hope to go and then blog about it for ModLife.
  2. Halloween in Transylvania – The Dracula Tour. Sure, it’d be a little creepy…but that’s the point! Adventure Transylvania describes this tour as a “pleasant, enjoyable walk through the bloody times of Dracula.” Ha ha.
  3. The Hippie Trail. Made famous in the 1960s and 1970s, this trek from Western Europe to Nepal would be a life-changing experience for anyone who is up for it.
  4. The California 1 Road Trip is often described as being the best road trip in America. Hopefully this Pittsburgh girl will make it there someday.
  5. Gorilla Tracking in Uganda. Nine days of tracking wild gorillas. Wow.
  6. iExplore Antartica. Yes, you would be cold. But you would also get to visit penguin rookeries!
  7. Galapagos Island NatureCruise with GreenTracks. GreenTracks is known for eco-adventures that are fun and educational. Many of their tours sound appealing, but the Galapagos Islands NatureCruise really piqued my interest. Perhaps it’s my love of turtles.
  8. Sail Greece. Beauty and adventure – what more could you ask for in a vacation?
  9. Ballooning over Stockholm. I’ve heard that Stockholm is the only capital city in the world where it is legal to explore by hot air balloon. What a unique and magical way to see this beautiful city!
  10. Tour of Japan The Tokyo National Museum, the Ryoanji Temple, and fresh sushi are just a few reasons that a visit to Japan would be amazing.

Your turn! What are your top trips?

10 Responses to Top Ten Awesome Trips We Want to Take

1. jill 03/23/2009 at 12:58 pm #

is that paradise beach on mykonos? that place is incredible.

2. Molly 03/23/2009 at 1:37 pm #

I’ve done one of those!! And have the neck bites to prove it.
    Haha, just kidding. I did Highway 1 in CA, and it was amazing…but a bit scary. The road drops off right into the ocean in places!

3. Lora 03/23/2009 at 2:25 pm #

I have always dreamed of traveling the Hippie Trail. There is a new version of the trail that does not go through Afghanistan to make it safer.

4. amelie 03/23/2009 at 2:55 pm #

I get to go to Greece and Turkey with some people from my school in approx. 472 days.

I can’t wait.

5. Lulu 03/23/2009 at 5:20 pm #

Haha, amelie, 472 is a very specific number for an approximation ;]

And I totally thought of Japan when I saw this. The Ryoanji Temple was breathtaking, and we spent such a long time trying to see all 15(?) stones at once… Of course Hiroshima was another couldn’t-be-missed location I would recommend to anyone =]

6. Maggie 03/23/2009 at 5:32 pm #

Jill, you are correct! Natalie found that picture, and she confirms that it is, in fact, Paradise Beach, Mykonos Island!

7. Vince 03/23/2009 at 6:38 pm #

This is a really great top ten list, I’ve done the Galapagos and large stretches of CA1, but there is so much more I want to do. I think I need to add some of yours to my master list of places I would want to go to. You can post this to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/ and then link back to your site. We are looking for top ten lists and our users can track back to your site. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.

8. Audrey 03/26/2009 at 6:48 am #

I was actually just in Morocco (Marakech) for 4 days and wished I could stay longer. I loved it.

9. Minkie 03/28/2009 at 12:51 pm #

Socotra Island near Yemen!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. ModLife » Blog Archive » We Can’t Stop Talking About…Traveling the Open Skies! - 06/30/2009

[...] am hoping that after reading Maggie’s post last week on the top ten places to travel to, you have finally booked your flight and purchased your tickets to anywhere, because this spring [...]