Style Glossary: A Sight to Bo-hold.

Hello ModLovers! This week’s Style Glossary post is dedicated to a style term very close to my heart: Boho. If you’ve done any research on the trend, you’ll know that this term encompasses an entire fashion phenomenon.

Characterized by hippie-or-folk-inspired pieces mixed with a modern twist, Boho-chic (short for Bohemian), embodies easy-to-wear glamour. Peasant skirts, beaded accessories, slouchy tops and casual-yet-stylish shoes are reigning wardrobe staples in the essential Boho closet.

If you’re looking for inspiration, look no further than Sienna Miller. Credited with popularizing the look almost single-handedly, her seemingly effortless outfits, tousled hair, and comfort-minded accessories are quintessential cornerstones of the trend. And it has certainly caught on – Kate Moss, Nicole Ritchie, and Mary-Kate Olsen are often seen sporting bohemian flair.

Want to get the look? Embroidered frocks, hobo bags, or a mixed set of bangles can be paired with almost any ensemble to add a touch of boho to your everyday style. Our Side Saddle Purse, La Pueblacita Blouse, and We Got the Bead Earrings can get you on the fast track to living the boho life (or at least styling for it) this Spring.

Thank you to Sabina for suggesting the topic. I hope this helped! Let me know if you have a fashion term you’d like brought to light. Thanks for reading, and happy shopping.

About ModCloth

, , , , , ,

7 Responses to Style Glossary: A Sight to Bo-hold.

1. Hannah 04/09/2009 at 1:33 am #

when i saw a “sight to behold” and those three pictures i want you were going to start talking about anorexia, not boho-ism =P

2. Hannah 04/09/2009 at 1:33 am #

*thought

3. beatriz garcia 04/09/2009 at 7:45 am #

Oh my god!!I’m totally in love with your website!I love each and overy dress,skirt and acessories!I’ve even dreamed with them last night! There’s only one little problem…I live in Brazil.Is there any chance of you ever come here,ou meet a friend that lives here?
    Anyway, great clothes, excellent job!
    xo

4. beatriz garcia 04/09/2009 at 7:46 am #

oh!and I love sienna miller boho style :)

5. Brianne 04/09/2009 at 10:44 am #

I really like Nicole Richie’s outfit!!! The blouse is so pretty!

6. Sabina Rosu-Urdes 04/10/2009 at 8:08 am #

Whoa! Thank you so much for explaining this – I am honored :) And yes, this helps. I will make sure and add this to my blog too, http://modlove.wordpress.com/

Boho is awesome.
    If you are ever bored, here is another topic idea that’s been a lot on my mind: what are some of you favorite color combinations this season? That’s always the most challenging question I face every time I stare at my closet to decide what to wear. Color combinations can make or break an outfit. Any suggestions for this season?

Thank you again!