Image from Aurytm.com/blog
Recently, ModCloth has been hit with several rounds of a stubborn virus that we lovingly refer to as the Mod Plague. Many of us have been forced to spend a few days languishing at home. If you soon find yourself in a similar condition, here are ten things you can give a try!
- Complain. You feel terrible. Let others know, and perhaps they’ll feel bad for you and buy you a present.
- Catch Up with your Netflix Queue. When I was sick, I finally got the time to relax and watch a classic (A Handmaid’s Tale), an 80s staple (Tuff Turf) and a couple new releases (Milk and Slumdog Millionaire).
- Quality Time with your pet or teddy bear.
- Tweet moment-by-moment updates on your physical well being (and make sure we’re following you so we can read them).
- Call Your Mom.
- If you have a stuffy nose, Eat Healthy Food you normally hate, especially those that will boost your immune system. You won’t be able to taste it!
- Read a Book, preferably one that has to do with being sick, such as A Hypochondriac’s Guide to Horrible Diseases that You Probably Already Have.
- Go casual. Break out the roomy sweatpants, ugly flannel and ripped up tees… or, if you have it, a Snuggie!
- Compose Your Will. A little morbid, perhaps, but it also helps to put things into perspective.
- Take a Hot Bath. If you’re lucky enough to have time to take long, hot baths in “real life,” then this might not seem like a special treat. For most of us, however, this is a refreshing and rare delight!