Style Glossary: Eyelet You Into My Heart

Hello ModLovers! After a two-week hiatus to shop for new styles you’ll love to love this summer, Style Glossary is back! Delightfully feminine and perfectly demure, eyelet patterning is this week’s topic.

Functional eyelets, or grommets, are small holes sometimes reinforced with plastic or metal for use in corset-making or other laced garments. In the decorative (and adorable) sense, eyelet refers to a lace-like, cut-out print with finished edges, as seen in trims and overlays for many styles here at ModCloth.

Our essential spring frock, The Breathless Dress, features a stunning eyelet overlay. It’s easily dressed up with flashy heels and gold accessories for cocktail parties or dressed down with a scarf and cardigan for picnics under your favorite elm tree. Does your wardrobe feature a healthy dose of eyelet? Thanks for reading and happy shopping!

About ModCloth

, , , , , , ,

6 Responses to Style Glossary: Eyelet You Into My Heart

1. Susan 04/29/2009 at 11:30 am #

Eye love eyelet!

Sorry, that was a bad joke… but I promise that I do really like eyelet!

2. Miranda Althouse 04/29/2009 at 12:35 pm #

oh awesome! I love the almost little girl girlie look, sexed up a bit. sooo cute!

3. Sarah 04/29/2009 at 3:55 pm #

This dress is absolutely adorable! I only wish it came in a smaller size.

4. Cinthya 04/29/2009 at 4:58 pm #

ok i am oficially obsessed with Mod

5. Shelbz 04/30/2009 at 3:19 am #

Oh no :c.. My grandma has curtains like that. Literally. But it’s such a lovely outdoors dress.

6. Tori Bissell 04/30/2009 at 8:30 pm #

Wow I love the Fashion Dictionary. It’s so useful to know what things are called. Plus it makes you sound smart.