Just What do You Want?

Hey Blog Readers! Some of you may have noticed a new poll on the sidebar to your left. We love getting your feedback on everything from our outfits of the week to your ideal prom. But this may be our most important question of all! What do you want to see more of on the ModLife blog? Leave us an answer on the poll, but we’d also love for you to leave a comment and tell us even more! What’s your favorite post? What other blogs do you follow? Do YOU have a blog? Give us the scoop!

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

25 Responses to Just What do You Want?

1. Madalynn 04/30/2009 at 12:46 pm #

Definitely more Contests! I dream of the day when I will own an actual ModCloth clothing item.

But, I do love the “Fun” stuff. I love your Favorite Finds and DIY. You guys are my absolute favorite bloggers on the planet, haha.

2. Wiske 04/30/2009 at 12:55 pm #

Pretty slim legs like the ones in the ‘Us’ picture, hahaha! And as for blogging; I love the contests. Perhaps you could arrange a contest where we get to design a dress/skirt/other piece of clothing and that the winning piece will be produced and sold in the Modcloth store! And of course we’d also love a hand in picking the winner; a poll for the finalists? :)

3. rhea 04/30/2009 at 2:24 pm #

I think y’all do a great job being every where and updating. I’d love to win one day, wouldn’t we all. :) I have a blog, coming soon! I’ll keep people posted, I’m super psyched. It’s at http://www.leftforread.com if you want to look at the pretty coming soon page. My boyfriend was making it for me as a Valentine’s present but school took over so it’s going to be a “Yay! Semester’s over” present! I hope people will think to look and enjoy it. i’m not sure where my crazy brain will take it yet. :)

4. Gena 04/30/2009 at 2:40 pm #

Fashion, and “us”!! :)

5. taylor 04/30/2009 at 2:54 pm #

i would love to see more “style icons” posts

6. Christina K. 04/30/2009 at 3:11 pm #

ohh definitely more contests!! i’m not clever enough to come up with names for items, but maybe someday i’ll think of something really good..haha. i love the fashion posts, and that particular “us” picture inspired a certain outfit of mine, so i really like that too!!! honestly i just love this blog a lot and everything about it. a lot of the other blogs i follow now have been because you linked to them on this page. i love looking at lookbook, keiko lynn, the glamourai, design-milk, and also other blogs like postsecret, cakewrecks, and passive-aggressive notes. i wish i had a blog but i don’t think anybody would read it. hahaha.

7. Michelle 04/30/2009 at 3:13 pm #

I like it just the way it is, what with the frequent updates and all. XD

8. Lulu 04/30/2009 at 4:35 pm #

My absolute favorite posts are the 3 o’clock slump one you do on Fridays!

They always have so many interesting things in them and open my eyes to new sites etc that I would have never found otherwise (I’m still following GarfiedminusGarfield after that one post….)

And, of course, I love all the fashion posts. What’s a fashion site without its fashion blogs?!

9. ann 04/30/2009 at 5:07 pm #

I love the “Get That Look” posts that you guys do! It’s a fun way to browse through the extensive ModCloth catalog. I also love seeing how other people remix Modcloth looks – just like with the Sidecar dress photo up there. Great job, guys :)

10. Maggie 04/30/2009 at 5:32 pm #

Need. More. DIYs. The ones on this blog are unique and fabulous, especially the prom dress! I need ideas for DIYs to do this summer.

11. Bryanna Wright 04/30/2009 at 7:42 pm #

MORE CONTESTES!!!!
    and fashion I do like to comment ;)

12. Tori Bissell 04/30/2009 at 7:49 pm #

i wrote this long thing and it didn’t show up.

13. angela 04/30/2009 at 8:01 pm #

fashion and contests!

14. Tori Bissell 04/30/2009 at 8:03 pm #

I guess I will have to write it all over again. Here are some ideas of thing’s I would LOVE to see.

What I like and think you should keep:
    -I love your clothes, shoes, bags, assesories….well everything…so keep those and don’t change them.
    -I like the fashion blogs because they help me think of new and creative ways of combining things, that I haven’t thought of before.
    -I love how friendly and personable you are! NEVER CHANGE!
    -I like the cute and quirky names you have for your items. I especially like the one’s that are named after famous people or characters from Literature (since I’m an English major)

Contests:
    -Firstly, I love the idea that someone had above about making a contest where we could submit our ideas for a clothing item. I think that is a great idea. I’m not a fashion designer but I sometimes doodle down an item or two that I think would look great on people so this contest would give myself and other’s a great opportunity to get our work out there for people to see. It’s a win-win situation! We get to get our item out there so people can see it and you get a new item of clothing that you don’t have or haven’t thought of yet. I like the idea for a poll to vote on but I’m afraid it might become a popularity contest. As long as you guys had the final say it would be cool.
    -Another idea for a contest could be a writing contest. Have a contest for people to write like a 300 word blog about something that has to do with fashion or on a specific topic. The winner get’s their blog posted and wins an item from your inventory. This would be a great contest for the writters. Plus it would be great for the blog to have some new fresh ideas and writters.
    -I like the name it contests, keep it up! I think you should have more contests like it.
    -What about an online scavenger hunt. Now, I’m not technologically intelligent, so I don’t know if or how it would work…but I’m sure someone could figure it out. It could start one day and people would have to go around the site looking for clues. The first person to get to the end or guess the final item win’s a prize or that item. It would be sooooo much fun! It could be a one day thing or something that went on for a while.

Blogs:
    -I think it would be cool if you did a blog on how to mix up your outfits using the same items. I find it hard mixing up what I’m wearing so this would be a big help. Pick say 10 items and show us how you could wear them differently each day.
    -Blogs about the history of a peice of clothing, like for example the flip flop, would be an interesting timbit of information.

Other:
    -I love your clothes but one thing that I’ve noticed is that you don’t have a lot of plus sizes or XL’s. I’m sure there are many girls who would want to purchase your clothes, and would look awesome in them, but you don’t accomodate. I think you are missing out on a big customer range. It would be awesome if everyone could wear your items.

Anyways I know that was long but I had so many ideas. Sorry for the length!

15. Tori Bissell 04/30/2009 at 8:04 pm #

this is frustrating me…it won’t post longer comments.

16. Kirsten 04/30/2009 at 8:21 pm #

i do love all your features, but my favorite posts are fashion-related, because i’m always looking for a little wardrobe inspiration!

17. Kirsten 04/30/2009 at 8:21 pm #

18. Jen 04/30/2009 at 9:23 pm #

contests please. i like hearing about you guys too.
    blogs i follow:
    nubbytwiglet.com
    galadarling.com

19. Gillian C. 05/01/2009 at 6:23 am #

Well contests for one thing there totally aren’t enough! And most likely more fun, who wouldn’t want fun?

20. Tori Bissell 05/01/2009 at 11:20 am #

oh I’m so glad it posted my long long long comment. Sorry for all the frustrations.

21. Rachel 05/01/2009 at 4:16 pm #

i love the current ratio. this my favorite blog ever :)
    modcloth has introduced me to so many different interesting websites. i also love the top ten lists ;)

22. Bitty 05/02/2009 at 3:06 pm #

The fashion posts, particularly the fashion icon posts, tend to be my favorite. You have a take on style that is current, but a little hipper and more accessible than what you might see on the stodgier “Official Style Blogs” so that is fun to check out.

I also agree with Tori that it is a little crazy that you are not selling larger clothing. For that matter, I have never even seen a larger girl in the “inspiration” posts, though there are very stylish ladies posting to Wardrobe Remix and such at all sizes and these street style photos are where you find a lot of the outfits to post. That is particularly exclusive/unfriendly, I feel.

23. Emese Bako 05/03/2009 at 9:49 am #

fun and contests! :]

24. Kayla S. 05/03/2009 at 1:35 pm #

I love the contests:)

25. Lora 05/04/2009 at 8:19 am #

Definitely more DIY!

It would also be awesome to see new items that you have in your store! I have a hard time keeping track of what’s new. Maybe a grid of little 1″ thumbnails so it’s not too overwhelming?