Cook, Style, and Win by pairing the perfect ModCloth outfit with your favorite recipe!
*Create an outfit using ModCloth items
*Pair that outfit with a matching recipe that completes the look
*Leave your outfit idea and recipe as a comment on this post
The winner will receive $100 towards the outfit they styled, and we will feature their recipe on our blog! Submit your perfect pairings by Friday, May 9, midnight EST.
For some Perfect Pairing examples, continue reading…
Perfect Pairing One: Waffle-y Cute in the Kitchen
Old-Fashioned Fluffy Waffles
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cup milk
3 egg yolks, beaten
3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
7 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Sift together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Combine milk and egg yolks, then add to the dry ingredients. Stir in oil.
2. Gently fold in egg whites being careful to not over mix.
3. Bake in preheated waffle iron.
4. Top with berries.
Perfect Pairing Two: Sweeter than Pie
1 pkg (1 lb 2 oz) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
1 pkg (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 pkg (8 squares each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
1. Mix 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.
2. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
3.Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Start pairing…and good luck!