Fav Find: A Shrunken Treasure

fav find

Who: Melanie Manville: ModCloth believer, grad student, live-in girlfriend, teacher of the children

What: shrunken camel-colored wool jacket–label says “Kenneth Gordon, New Orleans,” and the pheasants on the buttons are just so “going on a fox hunt”

Where: Sugar Land, Texas: Goodwill Select Store

How Much: $9.99

When I use it: I wear it when my outfit needs some fancy-ing up. It makes everything a bit more posh.

Shopping Tips: Try everything on-you may have to devote an entire afternoon to a store, but the feeling of finding something amazing is irreplaceable. This jacket was labeled a petite–I am 5’10”–far from petite, but I feel I still rock it fairly well.

And we love that she paired it with the Desert Rose Tunic!

About ModCloth

7 Responses to Fav Find: A Shrunken Treasure

1. Bryanna Wright 05/07/2009 at 10:25 am #

I love this very chic very elegant

2. Monica 05/07/2009 at 12:11 pm #

beautiful! I love the color of the jacket!

3. Sirona Beuchler 05/07/2009 at 1:45 pm #

I recently found an awesome black and white polka dot, vintage dress with pockets and a belt at goodwill for 5 dollars. It took some digging, as it was wedged between some floral moo moos, but it was worth it! It fits like a dream and is very cool! Second hand stores have the best stuff.

4. Sarah 05/07/2009 at 3:41 pm #

This girl is gorgeous–she has such an interesting face. She should definitely be a model!

5. Julie 05/07/2009 at 5:08 pm #

The tunic looks really nice. I actually had it but since i’m short i din’t like the length – it looked too long on me. I looks like it was made for her! I can’t get over how the jacket was $10 – it looks well tailored!

6. Kellen R 05/09/2009 at 9:31 pm #

Go sugar land! Reppin’ our style

7. Marie 05/13/2009 at 5:12 am #

yeah, the tunic’s very long on me also. Darn 5’10″! I’m so jealous! and stuck at 5’1″