Fav Find: The Perfect 80’s Prom Dress

Who: Hannah Saitta, a girl from the Californian desert who often dreams of shopping, her upcoming high school graduation, and her future life in the real world.

What: Wine & black lace 80’s dress and a vintage satin-bowed Nordstrom clutch

Where: The dress is from a charitable store in Palm Springs, California and the purse is from a local antique store in Yucca Valley, California.

How Much: $8 for the dress, $9 for the purse

When I use it: I wear this dress with a combination of stilettos, vending machine rings, lace gloves and an 80s up-do, I used these articles to rock my senior prom.

Shopping Tips: Don’t buy something because everyone else has it. Buy something because no one else has it.

Attention Blog Readers! – We know you guys are the most clever and most stylish bunch on the web, and we’d love to feature you on future Favorite Find Posts! Please email us (favfinds@modcloth.com) a picture of you with one of your favorite shopping finds (a piece of furniture, a hard-to-find record, the perfect vintage boots, or any other treasure) and answer the questions: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips. We can’t wait to see all the cool items you’ve discovered!

7 Responses to Fav Find: The Perfect 80’s Prom Dress

1. Daniela 05/20/2009 at 3:05 pm #

Hanna!!!!! Im so glad you could finally find a way to style that amazing dress! You look fantastic!! Congratulations!

2. Luci 05/20/2009 at 4:16 pm #

I love that tip about not buying what everyone else has. I have to wear what my mom makes me buy, but when my dad takes me shopping, he lets me buy what i want. I usually buy things that have meaning to me and may look odd to other people. I love this outfit!

3. April 05/21/2009 at 7:52 am #

this outfit it fantastic! and the deal, WOW!!! *two thumbs up up up!!!*

Yes, be yourself, be creative, be unique! :D

4. Belle 05/22/2009 at 3:15 am #

“Don’t buy something because everyone else has it. Buy something because no one else has it.”

I agree! Thats why I dyed my hair blue!

5. Shelbz 05/23/2009 at 2:31 pm #

My mom’s prom dress was weird, 80’s fashion was so weird. My mom was the Merry-Go-Round type of shopper, where all the populars go. I might actually dress up in an outfit that she still has from that store, I don’t know if she still has her prom dress, maybe, it was midnight blue with big poofy shoulders. That was like, 1990 more like, but still close!

6. Shelbz 05/23/2009 at 2:31 pm #

No wait, maybe that was her homecoming dress….she had me in her belly when it was her prom.

7. Prom Dresses 07/27/2010 at 4:16 pm #

Wow! That’s a fantastic find for only $8!