Sewing 101: How to Turn Bootcut Jeans Into Skinny Jeans

In the second installment of Sewing 101, Emily shows us how to turn regular old bootcut jeans into fabulous skinnies! You won’t believe how easy it is…

Have another idea for a video? Let us know by leaving a comment!

About ModCloth

, , , ,

14 Responses to Sewing 101: How to Turn Bootcut Jeans Into Skinny Jeans

1. Sari 05/22/2009 at 7:02 am #

So cute (and informative) !

2. Lindsay 05/22/2009 at 7:36 am #

Love it! Too bad I grew out of any pair of pants I bought passed 6 months ago :(

3. Lindsey 05/22/2009 at 7:47 am #

I love these ‘Sewing 101′ videos! I am pretty short and found the one on how to hem jeans especially helpful. Thanks, and keep them coming :)

4. rebecca 05/22/2009 at 8:27 am #

this is a great series! thanks for the useful info modcloth :]

5. Ann 05/22/2009 at 8:29 am #

I have ALWAYS wanted to do this. You guys are total geniuses :)

6. Gitte 05/22/2009 at 9:49 am #

These sewing videos are by far my favorite Mod Life posts. My sewing has always been trial-and-error. Thanks for the instructions and keep posting more!

7. stacie 05/22/2009 at 7:18 pm #

this is great! love it. thank you!

8. denise 05/24/2009 at 9:37 pm #

This is a much better alternative to turning jeans I once deemed obsolete into something more than just cut-offs! I’m barely learning my way around a sewing machine but I’m definitely going to try this once I get more practice in.

9. denise 05/24/2009 at 9:49 pm #

Oh! One thing I’d love to see on this series would be how to turn regular t-shirts into something more flattering. I have a lot of band t-shirts (I love collecting them) that have great designs but come in just the regular t-shirt shape. I know you can cut them up but are there sewing tricks to make them look dressier? I’ll admit I’m no good at sewing but maybe turning the necks into boatnecks, changing the sleeves somehow, or maybe colorful stitching that stands out? Is this too ambitious? Maybe…

10. Angela 05/26/2009 at 4:29 am #

I just bought a pair of jeans and find that I’d rather have them straight leg instead of boot cut, and this video came just at the right time! Nice video!

11. rebecca 09/07/2009 at 12:17 pm #

how about a video about how to destroy your jeans? i see the look everywhere but i have a hard time finding pairs that work with my small size, 5’0″. so id like to know how and where to put the holes and rips

12. Nikita Pink 01/09/2010 at 5:39 am #

this was the best tutorial ever!
    the video was very simple, easy to understand, and to the point.
    i have a ton of jeans that i plan on making into skinny’s.
    thank you very much!

13. Miss Cherie 03/18/2010 at 6:24 pm #

Thanks you SO much! I just learned how to sew again, and I have a lot of big bootcut jeans that my mother bought for me years ago… I love you!

14. Taylor 02/15/2014 at 12:20 pm #

It says the video is private?…