Congratulations to the Glogster Winners!

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

Last month, ModCloth was honored to sponsor the very cool, “Design Your Dream Prom” Contest over at Glogster, a site where users can create virtual posters.  The contest ran through May 13th, but now we’re very excited to announce some of the winners!

Taking the grand prize of $250 and telling us a story was “thistleflute” with the very cute  “Once Upon a Vespa in the Rain!”

See the runners up!

Congratulations to  briannabee123, who won second place with her glog, “An English Tea Party Prom.”

Finally, winning third prize was “Vintage Collage” by sammanthaard!

For all of you who had a prom this year, I hope it was everything you dreamed! Thanks to Glogster and everyone who participated! We can’t wait until our next contest!

21 Responses to Congratulations to the Glogster Winners!

1. Lucy 05/26/2009 at 1:40 pm #

i thought there were 10 winners total?

2. Lucy 05/26/2009 at 1:41 pm #

oh nevermind hehe… i see them now. cool.

3. Francesca 05/26/2009 at 2:03 pm #

Oh, man, the English Tea Party prom is…dare I say it…my cup of tea?
    Har har.
    Anyways, yes, it’s so pretty!
    Does anyone know by chance what song they’re dancing to in the waltz video? I swear I’ve heard it somewhere before…

4. Char 05/26/2009 at 2:12 pm #

I’m sorry, but these are horrible. Ugly! Well, the first two aren’t bad. But the rest are awful. My opinion.

5. emma 05/26/2009 at 5:32 pm #

these are great! congrats,,,
    but werent there supposed to be 10 winners?

6. Tori Bissell 05/27/2009 at 4:06 am #

i guess im a sore sport. congrats to the winners.

but I’m sad mine didn’t win because I worked so hard on them.

I wish i knew better what the criteria was. or what you were looking for.

7. Maria 05/27/2009 at 5:29 am #

Good job guys.

kind of related:

Hey, Modcloth folks, would you ever want to have an art contest? I love to draw your dresses and it’d be sweet if I could try to win one by doing so. :)

8. Jaclyn 05/27/2009 at 7:20 am #

OK my problem with the winner’s story is that it doesn’t make sense. If its raining then you obviously can’t see the stars to dance under. duh.

9. Rebecca K. 05/27/2009 at 7:39 am #

and the umbrella would do nothing to shield the rain lol. still pretty overall. it deserved to win.

10. chelsea darlene 05/27/2009 at 7:48 am #

We should be able to vote who wins! Tea Party, Tea Party, Tea Party :)
    soo lovely!

11. Shelbz 05/27/2009 at 8:15 am #

Hm, well remind me never again to put so much bloody effort into these contests.

12. Alice (thistleflute) 05/27/2009 at 8:49 am #

Hi, I just came on here to say thank you Modcloth!
    And (reading back on the other comments) “Jaclyn” the contest was to design your ‘dream prom’, and dreams don’t have to make sense, [well mine don't anyway :)]

13. Shelbz 05/27/2009 at 10:49 am #

And how old are you? I’m suppose to be in prom next year… This contest should have only been for people that are in high school (junior or senior). Otherwise what’s the point? Besides, wasn’t there already a prom themed contest? Lame. Think of something more unique.

14. Char 05/27/2009 at 12:08 pm #

really? these are horrible.

15. Alice (thistleflute) 05/27/2009 at 1:07 pm #

Shelbz, I’m 16 and its my prom at the end of June, I’m English so I’m not entirely sure what age senior and junior is, but I have a prom and I’m glad I’ll be able to buy a nice outfit to help me have a great night :)
    xx

16. Shelbz 05/27/2009 at 6:35 pm #

@Char: Def.

17. Shelbz 05/27/2009 at 6:41 pm #

Wait, 10 dollar gift certificates were given out too? Wow, that’ll get you a button on this site! Who chooses the winners? Can we just have a voting poll? It’s kind of biased if there’s only one opinion on the winners.

18. Brandy 05/28/2009 at 6:36 am #

I didn’t enter this cause my senior formal was last year (so no more school for me yay lol). But those 3 look kinda similar. Like a lot similar. I didn’t have time to look through them all but there were lots to choose from though. Yet one of the runners up was just 6 pictures on a plain background and a random quote (2 of the pictures even have the Modcloth “More colors” written on them!) Oh well better luck next time girls and congrats to the winners.

19. Lindsay 05/28/2009 at 9:56 am #

Shelbs,

I’m sorry you’ve been so dissatisfied with many of the posts on ModLife, and we appreciate how vocal you’ve been about it in each instance.

The winners of the contest were chosen by Glogster and ModCloth employees jointly – we feel as though they’re creative, and stick to the rules of contest – that is all that was required. We don’t want to be ageist – everyone gets a chance!

If there is something you’d like to see, please don’t hesitate to contact myself or Alicia (lindsay@modcloth.com. alicia@modcloth.com). We want to keep you ModLovers as happy as possible!

Cheers,

Lindsay

20. Klee 06/01/2009 at 9:49 am #

Maria:

Ooh, an art contest! I love that idea! :D Aside from that, congrats to the winners.

21. JJ 06/02/2009 at 7:33 pm #

I really want to see all the winners but obviously i’m a dork…i can’t see them on the page are they supposed to be there? help!!