Choose Your Summer Style!

Summer may be the time when casual style reigns supreme, but fear not, fashionistas! There are still plenty of opportunities to dress up too! In this segment, we’ll be showing you some excellent looks to suit your fanciest occasions this summer. Here’s the fun part: you get to choose your favorite! It’s just like real life when you’re standing dumbstruck in front of your closet with five minutes before you have to be out the door, albeit slightly less panicked. Let us know which outfit you would wear for each occasion in the comments below! Have fun!

Click on the outfits to shop the looks!

shop this outfit shop this outfit

Wedding Style Tip: Remember to consider the tone and location of the wedding when you’re choosing an outfit. For a country club or evening reception, something like Tux Goes Lux Dress paired with an evening bag is a good pick, but for a daytime affair, the more casual, but still stunning Reflection Pool Dress, paired with vibrant wedges is a better choice. Which look do you like best?

Keep reading to choose more great summer styles!

shop this outfit shop this outfit

Summer Travel Style Tip: Planning on doing some globetrotting this summer? Just being in a new city can loosen your style inhibitions. Been dying to try out a new look, but not quite ready to debut it in your hometown? Make the premier in an “anything goes” city like New York or London! The two outfits above are perfect for a night on the town. Which is your favorite?

shop this outfit shop this outfit

Job/Internship Interview Style Tip:  Unless you’re interviewing for ModCloth, a job interview may not be the time to wear your favorite romper. But you can still appear professional, while maintaining your own dazzling personal style.  These two A-line dresses with a none-too-revealing scoop neck are great, feminine choices. You still have a lot of freedom in your choice of accessories too. Some wonderful, ‘every day’ purses and favorite heels complete these looks. If you look great, you’ll feel great, and a dose of confidence is the best accessory for any interview. Which outfit do you think ‘gets the job done?’

What other special events are you dressing up for this season? Do you have any style tips to share? Please let us know!

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

29 Responses to Choose Your Summer Style!

1. Sepideh 05/28/2009 at 12:37 pm #

i love grey the affair, film noir and gold is the new black!

2. Nyx 05/28/2009 at 12:45 pm #

I like the Gold is the New Black look for a job interview, although the fabric suggests that it is a bit dressy. I absolutely love the in fuschia look. That dress is fantastic! I would chose the Blue Moonlight look for “on the guest list.”

3. Nyx 05/28/2009 at 12:45 pm #

4. Olivia 05/28/2009 at 1:07 pm #

From the first group I love the grey tie affair! LOVE it! In the second group I prefer the in fuschia most…very pretty. And in the last group I like gold is the new black best. :)

5. Maisie 05/28/2009 at 1:31 pm #

Gold is the New Black is perfect, especially paired with a light cardigan for the office. My other favorite is the Grey Tie Affair, adorable, multifunctional and really very fun.

6. Lulu 05/28/2009 at 4:13 pm #

I’m in love with the Grey Tie Affair, even though for any upcoming weddings I’m sure I would go for the more casual Blue Moonlight feel…

I think you nailed it for the “anything goes”cities: In Fuschia for New York; Film Noir for London!

And I think I’m gonna go with Pretty in Peony for the job interview (because it has my new favourite necklace) – if it ends up not going to well, you could easily get away with heading out for some retail therapy ;]

7. Mary Kennedy 05/28/2009 at 5:36 pm #

Film Noir: There are “First Friday” art events in our city (Lancaster, PA) where folks stroll the town looking at art objects in all of the local downtown galleries. Wouldn’t I be just the walking spectacle in this outfit!? I mean in a fun, flouncy, Parisienne-esque way, of course! I think I could even “draw” some attention toward my own art objects!

Gold is the New Black: This is a great outfit for my next shower(wedding/baby/u name it) in a friend’s apartment where we’re all drinking something margarita-ish and fruity and eating edamame and onion crackers with some kind of cream cheese flavored spread… oooh someone even brought some sushi… just be careful not to spill the soy sauce on my… “Girl, what a KEY-OOT dress! WHERE did you get THAT from???”

8. francisca 05/28/2009 at 7:21 pm #

i’m in love with gold is the new black :)

9. Alivia 05/29/2009 at 5:05 am #

absolutely ADORE the grey tie affair!

10. Lora 05/29/2009 at 11:50 am #

My favs are:

The Grey Tie Affair – very sexy yet classy

Film Noir – a very sassy ensemble

Gold is the New Black – cute but to be honest, I was laid off and have been looking for a job and neither of those outfits would cut it for a job interview. Unfortunately, employers (except for the fashion industry) want to see you dressed in a professional suit when interviewing.

11. Katie 05/29/2009 at 3:54 pm #

I feel like I’ve been seeing purple *everywhere* for summer styles!

I’m going to a cousin’s wedding in June, and I got a very simple, eggplant-colored spaghetti-strap sheath with a ruffle all the way down the left side. It was at this cute little L.A. boutique where the store staff is always friendly (I’ve been in four or five times and they know me by name), and the woman working the day I found the dress said a bunch of women had tried it on before and it only worked on me. *And* it was less than $20!

Maybe I should submit to fave finds : )

12. Meredith 05/29/2009 at 3:58 pm #

Totally agree with you, Lora; I had the exact same thought. You have to wear a suit to an interview. Being stylish is not the goal; getting a job is. On the other hand, when I got my first suit a month ago (I just graduated college and am looking for a job), I was excited and even felt stylish in a certain way. Something about a pantsuit makes me feel ready to take on the world!

13. Sydney 05/29/2009 at 6:53 pm #

I adore “Gold is the New Black”–I would wear it for just about any occasion, I think…but I don’t know about a job interview. It would seriously depend on what the job was.

14. Rachel 05/30/2009 at 1:26 pm #

1. blue moonlight
    2. film noir * (probably my favorite out of all 6 outfits)
    3. gold is the new black

15. Sara C. 05/30/2009 at 6:41 pm #

I’m going to have to go against the grain here and say that the Tux Goes Luxe outfit looks like you’re parodying someone’s tux for their big day. Some sort of “sexy butler” counterpart to a “sexy maid” costume! The rest of the outfits are gorgeous, though! I’d hop in the Reflection Pool dress any day of the week, it’s adorable.

16. Shelbz 05/30/2009 at 8:22 pm #

Grey Tie Affair is too costume. I only agree with the job outfits if it’s a laid back work environment, other than that, it wouldn’t be exceptional.

17. Shelbz 05/30/2009 at 8:25 pm #

Who can afford this anyways? Definitely not a near college-jobless-17 year old. I hate all these laid off adults taking the part time jobs away for us teenagers trying to get money for college. I need to go to Canada.

18. Zoe 05/31/2009 at 12:15 pm #

I would wear these to these places-

Grey Tie Affair- Wedding

Blue Moonlight- Art Exhibit

Gold is the New Black- Graduation

Film Noir- Rocky Horror Picture Show screening

Pretty in Peony- Picnic

But my favorites from each section are–

Grey Tie Affair

Black Noir

Pretty in Peoney

19. Christy 06/01/2009 at 7:10 am #

I would add a cardigan to both of the “on the job” looks, then they’d be perfect. I especially love the “pretty in peony” look! I may have to snap up that dress to wear with my new purple alice + olivia for payless heels!

20. Mandy 06/01/2009 at 9:29 am #

I like it all, and I think the prices are good for how unique everything is…. For the record.

21. Bee 06/02/2009 at 8:36 am #

I wouldn’t wear gray tie affair to a wedding- even the model looks like a Vegas cocktail waitress. I can’t imagine that translating well in real life. The In Fuschia and Film Noir are cute, if a little campy. I work in a professional environment and if anyone came for an interview in either of the “job” outfits, I would never hire them. Those are weekend outfits- bare arms are absolutely not appropriate for an interview.

22. Kate 06/02/2009 at 8:50 am #

I agree that the dresses are adorable, especially gold is the new black. But it seems inappropriate for a job interview.

23. Kate 06/02/2009 at 8:51 am #

24. Christine 06/02/2009 at 2:23 pm #

Love the Grey Tie Affair! It reminds me of Blair Waldorf.

25. Benita 06/02/2009 at 5:24 pm #

The outfits are adorable (especially Pretty in Peony), but that model has way too much makeup on! You can see the line of bronzer end just before her hairline.

26. Stephanie 06/02/2009 at 10:09 pm #

The “grey tie affair” is really cute. I think it’s a little to costume though. I think if it were a halter or if the sheer fabric was replaced with something else I would like it more.

All the looks are really fun! I like the mix matching of colors for “gold is the new black” and “pretty in peony” they work really well but you don’t want it to! It has that edgy indie look that I love!

27. Alex 06/03/2009 at 10:07 am #

I simply love the film noir! It makes me wish I had dressed that well when I went to Paris </3

28. Ginger 06/04/2009 at 3:24 am #

I look for the simplest outfit that stand out in a crowd! Just because its so wonderfully simply and because of this I absolutely LOOVE the grey tie affair. I mean an outfit like that could be a lot more complicated but someone found a way to make it as simple as possible. I also love the film noir dress but i would decorate it a little different! :)

29. Chelsea 06/04/2009 at 6:22 pm #

i love gold is the new black, i could see myself wearing it just about anywhere, its the perfect do anything go anywhere dress, casual with a hint of colour for walking in the park, cute enough to wear on a date, the ‘little black dress’ of holidays … its just plain gorgeous!!!