Back in ’67, the Doors told us that “People are Strange.” Thirty years later, OMC serenaded us with the sweet refrain, “How Bizarre, How Bizarre.” Conclusion? People are odd. Always have been, always will be. But neither you or Jim Morrison or OMC knew just HOW odd, until this week’s top ten.
Ladies, gentleman, grandmothers, sisters, brothers, house pets, inanimate objects, and anyone else who may be listening, put your hands together for… The Top Ten Most Bizarre World Competitions!
1. World Beard and Mustache Championships: You’ve never seen facial hair this far out. It almost makes me want to have a beard… but not really.
2. Wife Carrying World Championships: This brings new meaning to “To have and to hold…”
3. U.S. Air Guitar Championships: One of these guys is probably wearing our Glam Rock Leggings.
4. National Hollerin’ Contest : “It’s a scream” wouldn’t even begin to describe this one.
5. Cheese Rolling Competition : “Think this contest any good-a?”
6. World Championship Cardboard Boat Race :A whole bunch of people thinking way outside the box. Also the perfect place for your new Retro Sailor Swimsuit.
7. Extreme Ironing : Why people have the pressing need to do this, I’ll never know.
8. British Shin Kicking : Um, I don’t even think I’m going to comment on this one.
9. World Toe Wrestling Championships : Little piggies get rebellious.
10. World Worm Charming : I bet some person named Robin wins this every time.