Style Glossary: Think Pretty Thoughts

Hello ModLovers! This week’s Style Glossary post explores the very cute territory of Peter Pan collars. Characterized by small, rounded ends, this flat collar was originally designed for children’s clothing.  A tried and true staple for fans of the adorable, our Amsterdam Blouse in Scarlet boasts this chic look in a way that can transform shorts and Mary Janes into a fairy-tale-inspired ensemble.

Do you have a look that makes you feel like a kid again? I’d love to hear about it! Thanks for reading, and happy shopping.

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

, , , , , ,

11 Responses to Style Glossary: Think Pretty Thoughts

1. maria 06/10/2009 at 11:23 am #

Love peter pan collars. Pretty much anytime I wear a bow in my hair I feel like a kid again. So I basically wear one everyday. ;)

2. Cecilie 06/10/2009 at 12:31 pm #

What a coincidence! I wore one of my favorite dresses today – with a Peter Pan collar :-) It’s a vintage dress in a vibrant green colour, that makes me so happy and feeling childish – and a bit like Olive Oyl :-)

3. Breanna 06/10/2009 at 12:37 pm #

I’m usually not a huge fan of peter pan collars because I’m pretty broad-shouldered and wide-ribbed (but have a pretty small waist), so the proportions don’t normally work. But I want the Amsterdam blouse WAY bad, so I’ll just have to hope it works out :)

4. The Informal Matriarch 06/10/2009 at 1:41 pm #

I love that top. I love so many clothes from Mod Cloth. I even blogged today about how desperate I am for the black Bathing Beauty swimsuit. Maybe one of my readers will have mercy on me and buy it for me *sigh*.

5. katie 06/10/2009 at 4:40 pm #

i love peter pan collars :D
    swinging makes me feel like a kid again

6. Charlene 06/10/2009 at 7:49 pm #

I have a blue shirt that reminds me of Tintin, the comics that I read when I was little. It makes me feel like I’m a reporter who would go on adventures around the world with my trusty white dog, while mysteriously never reporting on anything. :D

7. madly59 06/11/2009 at 5:47 am #

beautiful

8. Lindsay 06/11/2009 at 5:51 am #

Oh my gosh, I remember Tintin! That’s so cool.

And Cecilie, I’d love to have a green Peter Pan collared dress – jealousy consumes me!

9. Kristal 06/11/2009 at 6:41 am #

It’s so adorable. But I think I will hold off until the order I just placed comes in. :)
    Love the site by the way.

10. Jean 06/11/2009 at 12:57 pm #

Peter Pan collars were ruined for me by Catholic School, along with plaid skirts and penny loafers. That’s an awfully cute blouse, though….

11. Tori Bissell 06/12/2009 at 3:58 pm #

I LOVE THE COLLAR BUT I LOVE THE PATTERN MORE.