Outfit of the Week: How the West Was Cute, and You Can Be Too

For my Outfit of the Week, I was inspired to do a modern interpretation of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I know, I know, that show was kind of bad, but I’ve always loved pioneer-girl style, and I couldn’t help reworking it for the twenty-first century! I adore the How the West Was Cute Belt, so I basically based my whole outfit around it. To go with the belt, I chose the Scout Finch Top and the Independent Press Skirt in Denim. I didn’t want to look too Western, but instead more old-timey, so for shoes I decided on the Opulent Oddment Oxfords. To dress the outfit up a bit, I picked antique-looking jewelry – the Time for Romance Watch Necklace and the Renaissance Cameo Ring. And of course, I had to have a “doctor’s bag,” the Dapperly Dietrich Satchel. What TV show character inspires your fashion choices?

11 Responses to Outfit of the Week: How the West Was Cute, and You Can Be Too

1. Lindsay 06/18/2009 at 7:33 am #

I love it!! Great look, Turi!

2. Keara 06/18/2009 at 7:52 am #

Chuck Charles from pushing daisies, of course :)
    and I will rock a Bret or Jemaine look every once in a while. Gotta love that whimsical kiwi style!

3. Caitie 06/18/2009 at 8:31 am #

The character that inspires me isn’t actually from a TV show, but a movie. It’s Penelope, from the movie Penelope, staring Christina Ricci and James McAvoy. I actually just did a post on her on my blog…

~ Caitie

4. Caitie 06/18/2009 at 8:31 am #

~ Caitie

5. Oneida 06/18/2009 at 8:48 am #

Adelle DeWitt, from Dollhouse, is always sophisticated and slightly vintage. I want to dress like her when I have to act professionally.

6. Liz 06/18/2009 at 9:03 am #

TURI! You look amazing! I want this whole outfit now!! :)

7. Madalynn 06/18/2009 at 2:35 pm #

Absolutely adorable.
    Besides Carrie Bradshaw (especially seasons 3 and 4), Pam from The Office (so classy!).

8. Kate 06/18/2009 at 6:48 pm #

That outfit is quite adorable, but with the pouch on the How the West was Cute belt, why do you need a bag? Maybe that’s just me and my carry-the-bare-minimum impulse, but I don’t see the need to have to keep track of a bag when you can fit everything in the pouch on the belt. (That pouch is the reason I want that belt!)

Oneida, I completely agree. Adelle DeWitt always looks amazing. I’m jealous.

9. Anna Marie 06/19/2009 at 7:36 am #

Turi – I love it. Old timey looks are my favorite. You look so adorable.

10. Chelsea- Tom's Sister 06/19/2009 at 2:32 pm #

Turi- You’re looking hot! I’d love to see a braid just like Dr. Quinn to finish the look. Fabulous!

11. Barb Dogger 06/23/2009 at 8:43 am #

Turi, You look so classy! The outfit works perfectly. We want to see more outfits soon!!

xo