50′s flashback: Benefits of the Bandeau!

image source from littlegraypixel.blogspot.com

(Image above: taken from littlegraypixel.blogspot.com)

According to the good ol’ weather bug, it’s looking like an average of high 70-80 degrees this week.  Thus, I think its about time that we all turned up the heat in our swimwear collections!  Personally, I’ve never been a fan of the speedo-racer swimsuits, but I do require support when swimming laps. And, time permitting to take a dip in the pool, I like to get a good swim in along with some poolside R&R.

The swimsuit that never lets me down?  The Beautiful Bandeau!  It earns my praise through friendliness towards 1. Curves 2. Support for the bust and 3. Cute retro styles

We have an awesome collection of them on our Swimwear page!  My personal favorites being the Bathing Beauty Retro Swimsuits which are functional, flattering, fashionable and available in plus-sizes!  Secondly, I love the print on the Zen Garden Two Piece Swimsuit, of which I still think would be safe for swimming laps with a higher waistline than a traditional two-pice bikini or or even tankini.  And lastly I highly urge everyone to check out the back-view of the Retro Sailor Swimsuit… I had no clue it was actually a monokini with an adorable bow tie in the back!

About Julianne

Julie Since graduating from the "Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too," Julie's aptness for the written word picked up steam like a runaway train. Her journey thus far has been fueled by an adventurous heart, creative mind, and love of breakfast, baking, and bacon. She often makes social situations more awkward than they need to be and loves the word "scrumtrulescent!"

6 Responses to 50′s flashback: Benefits of the Bandeau!

1. Keren 07/06/2009 at 11:22 am #

I agree, those suits are great for curves and support. I have never gotten more compliments!

2. Mandy 07/06/2009 at 11:35 am #

Great post Julie!

3. Cindy 07/06/2009 at 5:08 pm #

What wonderful weather you have! Today our high was 110F. Although I have a swimsuit that is similar to the Bandeau, I think I may need to invest in one, as mine is currently getting plenty of use. :D

4. Evangeline 07/06/2009 at 7:26 pm #

Great new site!

5. Pamela 07/09/2009 at 10:57 am #

Love that bathingsuit Marilyn is wearing!

One thing thought is that I think you have Bandeau and Maillot confused..

Bandeau is when the top of the suit looks like a tube or ‘band’ – hence the name bandeau.

Maillot is a one piece swimsuit… is that what you meant?

See:

6. 50's swimwear 08/10/2010 at 12:58 pm #

Wow those look like dresses compared to the tiny bikinis of today! They look better though