Color Me Katie

[image above taken from colormekatie.blogspot.com]

I stumbled upon Katie Sokoler’s photography after watching this short documentary on her street art and immediately developed a huge crush (watch the video and you will too)!   Katie credits being forced to photograph 100 strangers in 5 hours during a college project with inspiring her art.  The above is an image from her Bubble series, where she sets creative traps and waits for the perfect moment to snap the shutter.  Her blog,  ColorMeKatie, takes you behind the scenes of her projects, her involvement with Improv Everywhere and life with her adorable cat Moo.

Keep reading for more “creative traps” set by Katie!

[all images above taken from colormekatie.blogspot.com]

About ModCloth

8 Responses to Color Me Katie

1. Ben 07/09/2009 at 7:19 am #

love the combo of street art and photography! 100 strangers in 5 hours, wow.

2. Charlene 07/09/2009 at 9:29 am #

This is inspiring, and also just makes me smile. :)

3. Becky 07/09/2009 at 11:46 am #

Dear deities, she’s adorable! I wanna be her best friend. Those are some awesome ideas, too. Suuuper creative.

4. Julia Fleur 07/09/2009 at 4:10 pm #

I love it! It makes me want to go out and do that! It would cheer up any town.

5. Jill 07/09/2009 at 5:16 pm #

kind of like the british artist banksy.. except his are political!

6. Karen 07/12/2009 at 10:43 pm #

Ha! i just looked through a book of Banksy’s stuff and then stumbled upon this little post. Coincidence? Or Cosmic interference??? I knew God wanted me to be a street artist…

7. Karen 07/12/2009 at 10:43 pm #

8. Jen 07/16/2009 at 7:02 am #

Absolutely loved reading through her blog! Now I really want to make some paper snowflakes and hearts….