Oh Manchester, My Manchester! There is a look that never goes out!

(Image above: Wardrobe image found at HOYPHOTOBLOG)

From ModCloth Writing Team Intern, Amy Cockcroft:

Maybe I’m just missing my native city, but I think this girl pictured in Manchester, England is absolutely dazzling! From her high-waisted fruit cocktail pants to her cute print tee and her belt, denim jacket, and shoes in between, this girl’s entire vintage ensemble is engaging and boisterous. Manchester’s own Northern Quarter, where you can get your Smiths vinyls from Piccadilly Records, drink in the Dry Bar, and shop in the dozens of vintage stores, is the center for an alternative and bohemian culture and exudes an atmosphere that her style reflects sublimely. Some girls’ vintage style is better than other girls’ vintage style, it’s true, but this girl is definitely at the top of the list! Keep your eye on our vintage, one of a kind items to create a similiarly captivating look, and don’t forget the staple Meadowlark Jacket!

About Richard

Richard finds style inspiration in an assortment of historical figures, musicians, and movie characters, including Doc Holliday, Tracy Pew, Han Solo, and El Topo. When not tapping at the computer keyboard for ModCloth, Richard spends his time playing music and dreaming of composing the perfect soundtrack to an epic gothic western film set on a distant, dusty planet, where the cowboys ride rocket-powered motorcycles instead of horses.

8 Responses to Oh Manchester, My Manchester! There is a look that never goes out!

1. baz 08/01/2009 at 7:30 am #

i could have sworn that was in liverpool, not manchester

2. jenna 08/02/2009 at 1:49 am #

those pants are amazing. i love manchester’s northern quarter. so many stylish people around that area.

3. Angela 08/03/2009 at 3:54 am #

I will have to tell my friend, who’s going to “Uni” in Manchester soon, to check out the Northern Quarter. ;)

4. Amy 08/03/2009 at 5:03 am #

do it Angela, She’ll love it! Hey, I’ll be back there then too so maybe we could even make a date of it!

5. meredith 08/03/2009 at 11:08 am #

It’s the Arndale in Manchester!
    The outfit needs a top in a solid colour.

6. Amy 08/03/2009 at 12:29 pm #

Oh, I’m sorry Baz. I was sure this was in the Arndale. Can I ask where abouts in Liverpool you think it was? Thanks! :)

7. Kimby 08/03/2009 at 11:13 pm #

I think I just fell in love with high-waisted pants all over again :)

8. Charlotte 08/20/2010 at 9:33 am #

I’m from Manchester but I live in London. I’ve travelled all over the world and there’s still nowhere I love like Manchy. xx