Justice is Blind. (Image above: Marks Miller Solictors London)
Laws are often a point of contention. I’m sure the following Top Ten Most Useless Laws will cause lots of debate. I mean, these laws are some of the most logical laws around. Without them, there would surely be complete chaos.
10. “No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.” – State of Georgia, USA. Thank goodness they didn’t outlaw this every other day of the week. I would have melted into tears.
9. “It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.” – State of Louisiana, USA. Right. I’m sure the teller appreciates that.
8. “When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.” – State of Texas, USA. How would you solve this one?
7. “Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.” – State of Alabama, USA. Guess you’ll have to find another way to prove yourself. Darn.
6. “It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.” – State of Pennsylvania, USA. Oh good. I much prefer sleeping on stoves.
5. “It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday.” – Australia. And you thought the fashion police were only found in popular magazines.
4. “You may not pay for a fifty-cent item with only pennies.” – Canada. I’m putting in my two cents: this law is just senseless.
3. “If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.” – Florida, USA. And you thought you’d save money. Psht.
2. “One-armed piano players must perform for free.” – Iowa, USA. I’m up in arms about this! That’s discriminatory.
1.“It is illegal to push a live moose out of a moving airplane. ” – Alaska, USA. I don’t know why you’d want to be in a plane with a moose in the first place.