Your Daily Dose of Green!

Go ‘green’ with ModCloth!

This season, the hottest look is eco-chic, because let’s face it – ‘green’ goes with everything! Here’s a little run-down of a few ModCloth items that can help you rock this earth-friendly trend all day long!

8.00 a.m.

Your alarm goes off, and you give a big ‘good-morning’ yawn to the sunshine.  After a quick shower (less then 5 minutes saves up to 10 gallons of water a day!), you slip into the Cloud Gazing Top and a pair of organic cotton leggings.  Now you’re ready to start the day, cute and green!

9.00 a.m.

You’re just not yourself without a stout cup of Joe. You hit your favorite vegan cafe/bakery for some shade-grown, organic coffee, filling up your reusable I Am Not a Paper Cup!

11.15 a.m.

Frustrated at the pile of work that just got dumped on your desk, you slam down your notebook and spill your coffee everywhere! Luckily, you have your reusable I Am Not a Paper Towel in your desk drawer for a quick and eco clean-up.

12.00 p.m.

Finally, lunch! You’ve been so excited for noon so that you can ‘accidentally’ sit beside your crush and impress him with your quirky little Panda-a-Day Bento Box.  Let’s just see if he can resist making a comment.

5.00 p.m.

Time to hit the gym! You’ve got a 5K coming up, so it’s a good thing you remembered your sneakers and your Whale of a Good Time water bottle today!

6.30 p.m.

You stop at the local farmer’s market for some fresh basil and heirloom tomatoes – you’ve been dying for a capri salad for weeks, and you’re finally going to treat yourself.  You cart all of your produce home safely in one of your favorite reusable totes, the Smart Shopper Fold-up Bag! But, you could have easily gone with the Cute Finds Fold-Up, or the Sustainable Chevron Baggu Tote!

8.00 p.m.

Your best friend just called – cocktails? You bet! You slip on a pencil skirt, your Teaberry Organic Top, and some brown flats to match your Perfect Palate Bag, and meet her at your favorite retro lounge.

12.45 a.m.

What a fantastic night! Still smiling about your unexpected trek to an underground dance party, you kick off your shoes and brew some of your favorite orange spice herbal tea. You hold your Owl Warm and Cozy Mug close to your chin, breathing in that citrus scent and gazing out your kitchen window at the cars passing below  your apartment.

2.00 a.m.

After flipping through a few new fashion magazines, you crawl into bed, cozy in your Save Our Forest Tee! Night night!

What green items fit into your daily routine? Let us know!

About ModCloth

8 Responses to Your Daily Dose of Green!

1. Pam 08/19/2009 at 7:15 pm #

I love this post.
    good ways of displaying how easy it is to be green. I really need I Not A Paper Cup for my tea.

2. Sydney 08/19/2009 at 8:02 pm #

Less than 5 minutes in the shower? As idealistic as that is, it’s just not gonna happen here–my hair is monstrously thick; it takes at least five minutes just to wash it (and that’s not even counting exfoliating, cleansing, leg shaving, etc.).

3. Sarah Dee 08/19/2009 at 8:18 pm #

I agree with Sydney I have shirley temple esque hair thats down to my lower back, washing and combing it takes atleast 10 minutes, ill just have to find other ways to contribute to the green cause

4. Anna H. 08/19/2009 at 10:05 pm #

Reusable grocery bags–check. Reusable cups/mugs–SUPER-CHECK (am famous for my huge red mug that I take to all my meals at school rather than use the insulated paper ones in the dining hall). My family always raises our own eggs and veggies–local, what? ;-) What else…? Most of my clothes are second-hand (read: recycled ^_^); if I can’t use/find my stainless steel water bottle, I refill old plastic bottles with tap water; I recycle about 2-3x as much refuse as I put in the garbage; I compost food scraps religiously both at home and at school; I barely drive at home (didn’t even get my license until shortly before turning 19) and don’t drive at all when I’m at school, aaand… I’m an environmental science (well, “Earth Systems”) major. On the shower front, however, I totally feel Sydney and Sarah’s pain: I have thick, THICK hair that goes down to my rear, and while I only wash it two or three times a week, it takes at least 10 dedicated minutes to shampoo, condition, and pin it up so I can wash the rest of me. I’m bent on getting it lopped off to my shoulders before the summer’s out, though, so hopefully that will help me be more green! :-) Once I get rid of the hair, my last big anti-green habit will be……. travel. I am a shameless traveler and I know how terrible air travel is, but if I can’t move to Europe permanently (*shakes dice* come ooonnn, British husband!), I guess I’ll just have to keep commuting there from here to get my fix. So there. :-p

5. Jen Erickson 08/19/2009 at 11:00 pm #

WOW. That Paper CUp look a like is BOMB! lol It litterally AMAZES me.. lol =D <333

6. Molly 08/20/2009 at 11:02 am #

I try my best with the 5 minute shower, but sometimes I fail! I’m making it my goal for next month, though. Wish me luck!

Thanks for all the love, guys, and all the great ideas!

7. steph 08/20/2009 at 11:11 am #

I wish my life were as exciting as the green girly’s life through mod posts! Being a 20 year old in a college town during the summer leaves me with not much night life…so my green day usually ends too early and without the fun cocktail part :-(
    The re-usable water bottle at the gym was my favorite part, though! I can say I totally do that. I got one from my local grocery store that’s shaped like a blue Crayola crayon!

8. Alexandra 08/23/2009 at 9:33 am #

I work at a eco friendly gas bar and real cafe. We recycleand enourage our customers to do the same.Everything in the store from the concrete countertops to the water controll taps in the washroom is envirmentally friendly.
    Thanks for loving the planet as much as I do.