A Record Deal!

Who: Miss Lana

What: Buckingham Nicks LP

Where: Book & Music Exchange (Louisville, KY)

How Much: $8

When I use It: As with all Mac albums, I love to listen to this Buckingham Nicks album when I’m in a romantic or particularly whimsical mood, drinking wine and perhaps knitting or drawing.

Shopping Tips: Most of your savvy record store clerks price their music based upon product and availability; however, a lot of vintage and thrift stores carry items that are either overlooked or just not recognized for their value or awesome-factor. Looking through used bins in your more off-the-trail junk shops can reap large rewards. My favorite albums typically are from the 60s and 70s-a time in which music labels were a little more particular about what sort of sound they signed. If I see something that sparks my interest, but I’ve not actually listened to the band or record, knowing something about who contracted the artist can help me happen upon something more compatible with my taste.

Attention Blog Readers! – We know you guys are the most clever and most stylish bunch on the web, and we’d love to feature you on future Favorite Find Posts! Please email us (favfinds@modcloth.com) a picture of you with one of your favorite shopping finds (a piece of furniture, a hard-to-find record, the perfect vintage boots, or any other treasure) and answer the questions: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips. We can’t wait to see all the cool items you’ve discovered!

About Julianne

Julie Since graduating from the "Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too," Julie's aptness for the written word picked up steam like a runaway train. Her journey thus far has been fueled by an adventurous heart, creative mind, and love of breakfast, baking, and bacon. She often makes social situations more awkward than they need to be and loves the word "scrumtrulescent!"

9 Responses to A Record Deal!

1. crystal 08/21/2009 at 1:07 pm #

that’s a neat tip!

2. Rachel D 08/21/2009 at 1:34 pm #

I’m a huge fan of buying records at thrift stores, 60′s and 70′s are my favorite eras too. I scored two Mamas and Papas LPs in one month as well as Blondie and the Beach Boys. Hope I can find more!

3. Kristin 08/21/2009 at 2:55 pm #

This is one of my favorite records, Stevie tells a good story about it- how this was made when they lived in a small apartment and she was waitressing- but they had a dream… hot couple too.

4. Lauren 08/21/2009 at 4:28 pm #

I scavenge for records, particularly because I have a turntable. I found a (rather scratched) copy of the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band for a dollar recently!

5. Maddi 08/21/2009 at 7:25 pm #

Oooo, that’s an awesome find. The best I could ever do records-wise was an OST of Kiss Me Kate, but that’s mostly ’cause my dad already owns a ton of records!

6. Shannon 08/21/2009 at 11:55 pm #

They’re two of my favourite musicians. Great find.

7. Dana Lea 08/22/2009 at 4:11 am #

Hello my sister.

8. Bobbilyann 08/22/2009 at 12:37 pm #

My favorite pair. I got to see Fleetwood Mac in July…greatest day of my life.

9. Elle 08/23/2009 at 7:00 pm #

Only $8?? Lucky you! I found it in a record store for $25. And I had to barter a little. It’s worth a lot because they only released a small amount of copies…And it was never re-released onto CD!