Okay, I’ll admit it. I love it when I bring something to a party, and everyone raves about it all night. That’s why I adore this super simple, ultra delicious Baked Brie and Blueberries appetizer! The presentation is sure to impress, and it honestly takes minutes to throw together. It’s the perfect thing to whip up for unexpected guests, or an easy way to add elegance to any dinner party menu. The recipe comes from my best friend’s mom, Barbara!
Baked Brie and Blueberries
- 1 large wheel of brie
- 1/2 jar of high quality, real fruit, blueberry jam
- 1 pie crust (the ready-made kind is easiest, but feel free to make it from scratch!)
- 1 egg (just the white)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using a large, sharp, flat knife, cut the wheel in half horizontally so that you are left with two round halves (do not remove the rind). Set aside.
- On a non-stick cookie sheet, lay out the pie crust. Trim or roll out the crust so that it is in a circular shape, twice the size of the brie wheel.
- Place one half of the brie wheel in the center of the crust, rind down.
- Spread the jam evenly over the brie.
- Place the remaining half of the brie on top, rind up. It should look like a brie and jam sandwich!
- Carefully fold the crust up over the brie, smoothing out any bubbles and wrinkles. The entire wheel should we covered by crust.
- Once the brie is covered, flip it over so that the smooth side of the crust is facing up.
- Brush the crust all over with a light egg white wash. This will make your crust golden brown. If you’re feeling artistic, class up your appetizer by using the crust trimmings to make grapes, leaves, stars, hearts, letters – whatever you choose! Remember to brush your crust creations with egg white as well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- Serve with fancy crackers, and let the compliments commence.
What’s your favorite party-pleasing appetizer?