Baked Brie and Blueberries

Okay, I’ll admit it. I love it when I bring something to a party, and everyone raves about it all night. That’s why I adore this super simple, ultra delicious Baked Brie and Blueberries appetizer! The presentation is sure to impress, and it honestly takes minutes to throw together. It’s the perfect thing to whip up for unexpected guests, or an easy way to add elegance to any dinner party menu. The recipe comes from my best friend’s mom, Barbara!

Baked Brie and Blueberries

• 1 large wheel of brie
  • 1/2 jar of high quality, real fruit, blueberry jam
  • 1 pie crust (the ready-made kind is easiest, but feel free to make it from scratch!)
  • 1 egg (just the white)
    1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
    2. Using a large, sharp, flat knife, cut the wheel in half horizontally so that you are left with two round halves (do not remove the rind). Set aside.
    3. On a non-stick cookie sheet, lay out the pie crust. Trim or roll out the crust so that it is in a circular shape, twice the size of the brie wheel.
    4. Place one half of the brie wheel in the center of the crust, rind down.
    5. Spread the jam evenly over the brie.
    6. Place the remaining half of the brie on top, rind up. It should look like a brie and jam sandwich!
    7. Carefully fold the crust up over the brie, smoothing out any bubbles and wrinkles. The entire wheel should we covered by crust.
    8. Once the brie is covered, flip it over so that the smooth side of the crust is facing up.
    9. Brush the crust all over with a light egg white wash. This will make your crust golden brown. If you’re feeling artistic, class up your appetizer by using the crust trimmings to make grapes, leaves, stars, hearts, letters – whatever you choose! Remember to brush your crust creations with egg white as well.
    10. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
    11. Serve with fancy crackers, and let the compliments commence.

What’s your favorite party-pleasing appetizer?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

13 Responses to Baked Brie and Blueberries

1. clarice 08/25/2009 at 3:04 pm #

MMmmm im definitely going to make this one! thanks!
        my party fav is fig preserves (mixed with butter) on costini, topped with thinly sliced proscuito and a sliver of asiago cheese. sweet and salty and delicious!

2. Aire (ModCloth) 08/25/2009 at 3:12 pm #

I can’t wait to make this! Thanks for sharing Molly! :)

3. Crystal 08/25/2009 at 3:37 pm #

me too! i am so trying this next weekend

4. VA 08/25/2009 at 3:58 pm #

ohh is that a MacKenzie Childs serving dish?!

5. Mary 08/25/2009 at 4:31 pm #

Delicious!! I love when you guys do quick little recipes like this! :)

My favourite party appetizer is to get some good quality crackers (like Carr’s) and spread cream cheese and red pepper jelly on each one. Super easy and super quick!

6. Sara 08/25/2009 at 6:40 pm #

this recipe looks amazing, i had something like it once at a super classy party. i’m definitely making it the next time i feel like being the coolest kid on the block.

7. Anna H. 08/25/2009 at 8:07 pm #

My mom and I once made a brie en croute with plain brie and puff pastry, and it was sooo heavy and greasy… Maybe adding the fruity layer would lighten it up a bit! I need to remember to try it! :)

8. Heather 08/25/2009 at 9:08 pm #

Sounds fantastic! Can’t wait to try it! :-) Your best friend and her mom must be very cool!

9. Erin 08/25/2009 at 9:13 pm #

That looks amazing! I love baked brie, and this is such an artful way to present it.

10. jill 08/26/2009 at 8:49 am #

I often make this with apricots & almond slivers! puff pastry works well too.

11. Lindsay (ModCloth) 08/26/2009 at 12:21 pm #

This blows my mind. Why didn’t it make it to the office!?

12. Breana 08/26/2009 at 4:52 pm #

I’m going to get the supplies to make this as soon as I go to the store!!

13. Molly (ModCloth) 08/28/2009 at 2:52 pm #

@VA — Yup! That’s a MacKenzie-Childs plate! Barbara (who gave me the recipe) presented on this plate for an extra pinch of pizazz!