Top Ten Homecoming Themes

(Images Above: Stumpsspirit.com)

With homecoming right around the corner, this week’s Top Ten can’t help but dedicate itself to this awesome affair. In search of inspiration, the Top Ten went out into the field, exploring what homecoming-related topic it might feature. It took an arduous journey though decades of hairstyles, dozens of dresses, and zillions of silly songs.  After such travails, this week’s Top Ten triumphed, finding a funny theme to get you all in the spirit for homecoming. Without further ado, we are proud to present its newest installment, The Top Ten Homecoming Themes! Now go get dolled up and dance!

10.  Casino. Choose this if you don’t want to take a gamble when choosing a fun theme.

9.  Egyptian Mysteries. Everyone will go around asking, “What walks on four legs in morning…?”

8. Tropical Paradise. Do you think they’ll serve cheeseburgers?

7. Hollywood. Watch out for those people taking posed photos of you; they might be paparazzi!

6.  Rock ‘n Roll Fantasy. Coming up with this idea calls for drumming up some serious inspiration.

5.  Masquerade on Bourbon Street. Great theme if you like to dance the ‘rum-ba’ and ‘tango-ray’.

4.  Over the RainbowEveryone will be looking for pots of gold under their table.

3.  Under the Sea. This night will have you drowning in delight.

2.  Jungle Nights. Lions and tigers and formal wears, oh my!

1. I Promise you the Stars. Sure to be out of this world!

What’s the homecoming theme at your school this year? Or, what would you like the theme to be?

14 Responses to Top Ten Homecoming Themes

1. marlene 09/08/2009 at 6:47 pm #

if i were still in high school, i would have loved something that included the galaxy or the golden age of hollywood.

2. Laura 09/08/2009 at 7:23 pm #

the homecoming theme at my school is storybooks
    (wizard of oz, alice in wonderland and harry potter)
    my grade is alice in wonderland

3. Carol 09/08/2009 at 9:33 pm #

We don’t have homecoming themes! We have a spirit day in school where we dress in school colors but nothing other than that (besides the color of the ten balloons used to decorate the caf). Although, this year homecoming is on Halloween so dressing up a little may be encourage. Emphasis on the may. :(

4. Jessie 09/08/2009 at 10:11 pm #

Ours was “I wear my sunglasses at night.” Everyone was required to wear sunglasses, and it became extremely difficult to see.

5. Shelbz 09/08/2009 at 10:25 pm #

Nothing worse then my high school’s homecoming. I only went Freshmen year and never went back. Bleh.

6. margaine 09/09/2009 at 12:31 am #

My school didn’t even have a football team!

7. Tara 09/09/2009 at 2:00 am #

Our theme is “Rock the Boat” I feel like it has to do with the Andy Sanberg video, which would be funny

8. Lilly 09/09/2009 at 9:10 am #

our theme this year is “Circus”…not very exciting to me because I am scared of clowns!

9. Kristen Renee 09/09/2009 at 6:47 pm #

The Homecoming theme my senior year was New York City (and that was the only year I went). I currently teach at a high school where the homecoming dance occurs right after the football game, which means no one dresses up. Sadness. But prom is a blast!

10. Katharine Ellis Tapley 09/10/2009 at 11:49 pm #

My homecomings were never themed, either. Sad. Though, in college, the fall musical was always at homecoming, and many times the performers (of which I was often one) would go around campus in costume. ModCloth would have loved the year we did “West Side Story”.

11. jamie 09/12/2009 at 2:31 pm #

our theme this year is broadway. i wish ours was circus like someone else said!

12. Dallas 09/19/2009 at 3:30 pm #

our school doesn’t do homecoming..
    we have the football game on friday and then later we can pay 7 bucks to go to the gym and listen to music..

it’s not decorated, there are no snacks, and you don’t dress up. there’s no where to go except the gym and one small hallway, either.

it’s a rip off and lame.. very sad :c
    although if we had a theme, i would want it to be circus theme.. always wanted that c:

13. Leah 11/28/2009 at 4:53 pm #

Ipod shuffle …it was pretty cool
    last year it was OPI nail polish …lame
    year before that it was Confident and Capable Barbie …i go to an all-girls school :)

14. jackie 06/15/2010 at 7:41 pm #

we always go all out for our dances last year it was “a midnight mystery” at the pep rally we had a skit that had the characters from twilight, scooby doo, and sailor moon haha it was very fun trying to solve the mystery of who took the seniors diplomas!