Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, Your Sundress can do them all

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

(Image Above: Wardrobe Remix)

Today’s style inspiration is brought to you by the word “transition.”  Autumn is approaching, and for many of us, that means crisper, cooler weather.  Does that mean you should stop wearing your cute summer dresses? No! Follow this gal’s lead to cold-weather-proof your favorite frocks. Add tights – vibrant or muted, sparkly or matte – and a cardigan – slouchy or fitted, cropped or long – and voila, your sundresses will be able to accompany you through any sort of weather.

Do you do dresses during the colder months? What are you secrets to keeping comfortable and cool despite the chill?

8 Responses to Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, Your Sundress can do them all

1. megan v 09/09/2009 at 11:24 am #

My sundresses can not do winter!! Not unless I wear snowpants underneath. Haha! It’s too cold in Ohio. :) I’m jealous of you winter dress wearers!

2. Jenna 09/09/2009 at 11:34 am #

I go to school in minnesota, and while in the dead of winter long johns are something of a necessity, I’ll wear my sundresses til late fall under oversized buttondown sweaters or over long-sleeve thermals and vibrant tights or skinny jeans.all about the layers up here :)

3. justine 09/09/2009 at 12:41 pm #

Dresses with tights are my favorite thing about the end of summer! When it gets too cold, I just add long socks and boots to warm things up.

4. Brianne 09/09/2009 at 1:58 pm #

Tights, turtlenecks, blazers, and boots. I love getting extra mileage out of my clothes.

5. theclothingmenu 09/09/2009 at 9:35 pm #

yes – my fav part about cold weather is leggings, dress, cardigan and boots – so comfortable and a good mix from the everyday pants and top!

6. Sydney 09/09/2009 at 10:33 pm #

Honestly, I generally avoid wearing dresses in the winter. I just get cold too easily, and I’m not a tights/hose/leggings person.

A mini skirt over skinny jeans is fine though!

7. Angel 09/10/2009 at 3:26 pm #

Crazy! That’s me!! Yeah Modcloth!

Where I live it’s pretty much Fall/Winter all year long. I have a whole drawer dedicated to tights! It’s super rare here in SF to get away w/o tights & cardigans over your dress. When the weather gets really ugly I switch from pumps to boots. Done and done.

8. Hannah 09/10/2009 at 4:49 pm #

That’s you Angel? Awesome. Keep up the super style!