This Just In

dress vintage indie retro secretary librarianDewey Decimal Dress

I’m always on the lookout for pieces that can be worn in a traditional setting but still maintain a vintage appeal, and this dress is simply perfect! Plus, the color combination feels so fresh right now, especially when paired with a contrasting cardigan.

What’s your favorite new item this week and how do you plan to wear it?

10 Responses to This Just In

1. Cherish 09/24/2009 at 4:20 pm #

This is amazing, I can’t wait to my new debit card comes in the mail. This is the first thing on my list.

2. Bridget 09/24/2009 at 5:34 pm #

regarding the comment….i don’t see how a cardigan would work over the flared sleeves. Maybe I am not creative enough.
    But, the dress is still so cute! oh how I was not a poor college student.

3. RV Cover Class C 09/24/2009 at 5:36 pm #

That is so good to know! I am glad people care enough to do something helpful in this situation.

4. Wendy 09/24/2009 at 6:18 pm #

This is so adorable! it gives me a sexy librarian vibe, but maybe that’s just me. it’s so cute.

5. Kristen Renee 09/24/2009 at 6:45 pm #

I love your Polish Hill, St Petersburg, and Telegraph Hill designs, especially the pillows. Guess I better make a grab on the Polish Hill and St Petersburg ones before they go out of stock like the Telegraph one!

6. Pam 09/24/2009 at 9:51 pm #

lovely dress. reminds sorta of a dress in Retrospect i tried and it didn’t fit me.

7. Rachel 09/25/2009 at 6:54 am #

I love that dress, but my favorite item this week is definitely the Gala Darling Dress! I bought it to wear on my first solo bassoon recital in November and know it will be perfect. :)

8. Breanna 09/25/2009 at 8:56 am #

I’m so torn! (Big surprise) The Dewey Decimal dress is tops of my list, though…gorgeous! Love the halfsies modern/throwback feel to it.

Also have added the Mon Cheri umbrella, the A Formal Affair dress (gorgeous!! SO GORGEOUS!!), and the Telegraph Hill laptop bag to my wishlist, among other things. The Gold Mine skirt, by the way, is adorable! I’m currently trying to figure out whether I would be able to pull it off or not :)

Oh! And the Roller Derby Hoodie in Pewter–love the mix of girly and frills to grungy color and laidback feel. I’d love to have both that and the What’s Eating Gilbert Cardigan to add to my wardrobe!

9. Emily 09/25/2009 at 10:54 am #

The Lucy Dress! I’m a huge fan of the show (and I collect memorabilia), so I grabbed this dress the day it came out! I’ll be receiving it today, and I just know it’ll be perfect!

10. Susan 09/28/2009 at 5:43 pm #

Wow, thanks for all the love!

Bridget: I actually haven’t tried this dress on yet, so you may be right! I’m hoping that something with a looser sleeve like this (http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Tops/Sweaters/Kind+of+Blue+Cardigan) might work!