Outfit of the Week: Fall-ing for Fur

Greetings ModLovers! After a several month hiatus, I’m back in the OOTW saddle, and I’m taking no prisoners! As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, fall is hands-down my favorite time of the year. Layers, coats, boots – what’s not to love?

For this edition, I wanted to style up the Just Fur Fun Vest. It’s far more versatile than anything made entirely of faux fur should be, not to mention cozy. The Ranchess Blouse‘s warm fall hues were a given, as plaid was meant to be worn in the fall! The First Day Skirt in Study Hall is perfectly matchable without skimping on style, and the two-toned, button-up goodness of the Muir Woods Booties should speak for themselves.

I tied the look together with the How The West Was Cute Belt, the Finishing School Headband in Amethyst, and the Grammar School Knee Highs for added warmth. I can’t wait to wear this look to late-night bonfires or to pick out a pumpkin for our Pumpkin Carving Contest.

So what do you think? Can my outfit stand out even when the leaves are falling? Thanks for reading, and happy shopping!

About ModCloth

6 Responses to Outfit of the Week: Fall-ing for Fur

1. Kristin 10/01/2009 at 1:43 pm #

This is great, “Can my outfit stand out even when the leaves are falling? ”

YES, it can, this is a really well put together ensemble Lindsay, you look adorable!

2. Katie 10/01/2009 at 9:07 pm #

Stand out? Yes. In a bad way! You’re too cute for an outfit like that.

3. liz 10/02/2009 at 11:24 am #

i’m sorry, but that outfit is terrible. the skirt and the fur vest are both tacky.

4. Lindsay 10/02/2009 at 11:38 am #

I can understand that a fur vest isn’t for everyone. I like the quirky outfits, though. Thanks for commenting!

5. Brianne 10/02/2009 at 12:46 pm #

I like the fur vest, plaid shirt, and skirt together. I think that there is a lot going on in this outfit, though, and you could take some elements away and still be quirky.

6. Pam 10/03/2009 at 9:25 am #

I agree with the person above me.
    I love the pieces but it’s a little too much.