Outstanding Outerwear

(Image above: Professionally Trendy)

As the fall sets in, the weather is getting a bit nippy. It’s not quite warm enough to break out the heavy wool coat, but you can’t exactly go out in a tee either. That’s where jackets, capes, and cardis come into play, and the above item of outerwear is an uncanny mix of all three. It’s not just any old jacket-cardi-cape, however; it’s awesome! Not only is this garment a stand-out cyan blue, but its got a superb cut and fantastic details. With an oversized, grommet-fancied collar and  flowing, triangular, draped cut – this is one perfect piece of clothing. The girl above, from the blog Professionally Trendy, did a great job of styling the jacket over a simple tie-necked blouse and a grey mini.  These simple pairings and the sleek black booties let this coat take the center stage it deserves. I might add some tights to fend off the colder weather here in Pittsburgh, but overall, this ensemble is expertly arranged!

What are your favorite Fall weather finds?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

8 Responses to Outstanding Outerwear

1. Jen Erickson 10/05/2009 at 12:23 pm #

Omogoodness!!! That.. Jacket is to DIE FOR!!!!! =D

2. anna 10/05/2009 at 2:05 pm #

i think the above comment speaks for all of us :P

3. Julie 10/05/2009 at 3:50 pm #

oooh coats for sure

4. Leighann 10/05/2009 at 6:12 pm #

Come fall I love to haul out my scarves! I’m such a sucker for tights and scarves and ah-dorable hats that are just perfect for the chilly october weather here in maine! And i LOVE that jacket above!! Where on earth can I get one?!?!? :)

5. Pam 10/05/2009 at 6:26 pm #

wowzers. I want a forest green one.
    I adore trench coats. They are so classy.

6. Breanna 10/06/2009 at 9:29 am #

Yeah, what everyone else said :)

I love the trench-like feel to this, especially. What a fabulous find!

Myself, I’m a sucker for anything coats, cardis, or scarves (speaking of which, my Royalty scarf from modcloth is like wearing a cozy blanket-pillow around my neck all day…makes it hard to stay awake on tired days :) ) I love all three!

7. Teresa 10/06/2009 at 5:00 pm #

I would LOVE that coat…if the rings didn’t remind me of a shower curtain. I like quirky, but it’s just not for me. I love the color and the shape of it, though.

8. Someone Else 10/11/2012 at 11:50 am #

LOVE-ing that jacket! Unfortunately AND fortunately I’m relocating to Brooklyn in November and have been having the hardest time finding a really warm jacket here on ModCloth. I really don’t want to get one from anywhere else, but wonder if you have any suggestions or insights on whether they’ll be some super warm and cozy wool jackets on their way!?

xo’s