Top Ten Fortune Cookie Quotes

(Image Above: eCurry.com)

It’s everyone’s favorite part of eating Chinese food – cracking open the fortune cookie. Whether the slip inside is sweet or sour, wanton or ‘suey-ious,’ discovering your fortune is always good for a laugh, a puzzled stare, or a least a little cookie.

10. Don’t let your limitations overshadow your talents.

9. Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance.

8. A golden egg of opportunity falls into your lap this month.

7. You are far more influential than you think.

6. Your co-workers take pleasure in your great sense of creativity.

5. Do not underestimate yourself. Human beings have unlimited potentials.

4. Protective measures will prevent costly disasters.

3. Ignorance never settles a question.

2. Be direct. Usually one can accomplish more that way.

1. A well-aimed spear is worth three.

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

10 Responses to Top Ten Fortune Cookie Quotes

1. Emily 10/19/2009 at 4:15 pm #

I once had one that said “If you are still hungry, have another fortune cookie.”

Another time, my friend sent me the following fortune, taped to a sheet a paper, with no name attached: “Everyone agrees, you are the best.” (Strangely, I then received that fortune three days later.)

2. Shauna 10/19/2009 at 7:32 pm #

I once got a fortune that said “You are irresistible”

I still have it three years later :)

3. Lauren 10/19/2009 at 8:32 pm #

Once I got a fortune that said, “You will live on the moon in the next century”.

4. Margaret 10/19/2009 at 9:42 pm #

My favorite one: What is contain it everything? Wisdom.

5. Katie 10/19/2009 at 10:02 pm #

My favorite of all time, “You like Chinese food.”

6. april 10/20/2009 at 12:39 pm #

Once I got one that said “The weather is nice” & there was a HUGE storm going on outside. So I held up the fortune & told the waiter that mine was broken. He went & got me another & said “try that”. It said “You will soon enter law school”. It was strange because the only other customer there at the time was telling the waiter that he was going to go back to law school. I’m pretty sure I jipped him of his cookie.

7. Kate 10/20/2009 at 2:55 pm #

I once got a cookie that said (no lie), “Never smell the inside of a hat.” I did; nothing happened.

8. Leighann 10/21/2009 at 6:06 am #

I once got one that said “you should hide for a few days” it was creepy! :) haha but a good laugh!

9. amanda 10/21/2009 at 3:52 pm #

the best I’ve had was: “Love is the only cure for a broken heart.”
    I got it at the beginning of a new romance (after a wrenching break up), and it was very special to me and brought me comfort during future hard times.
    I kept it in my wallet for 6 years until the wallet was stolen; I was more upset about losing that fortune than anything else.

10. Jackie 10/21/2009 at 6:55 pm #

I once got one that said “Your significant other is cheating on you. HA HA HA.” He wasn’t. Not sure what that was all about!