Halloween is almost here, ModLovers! We know you’re feeling inspired by this year’s marvelous Modster Mash, but just in case you haven’t settled on the perfect Halloween costume just yet, we thought we’d add a few more suggestions to the mix…
- Anna Wintour: Whether you love to hate her, or hate to love her, you cannot deny that she is the epitome of elegance. We wanted to show you a video parody of Anna, but knew that if she caught us, we’d never work in fashion again. So, instead, get some style stimulation from the above tribute to the reigning Queen of Chic. And now, on to snagging her look for a couture costume.
- Step 1: Giant sunglasses. Wear them outside. Wear them inside. Wear your sunglasses at night (but do not sing that Corey Hart song, darling, because Anna never would do that).
- Step 2: Sport that fur like you mean it. Even if it’s a faux fur vest, you’ve gotta work it. Add a floral sheath. Anna seems to wear one virtually everywhere.
- Step 3: Do not, under any circumstances, smile. Anna is austere. Anna is fabulous. Anna is Vogue.
- UFO Balloon Boy – This one’s super simple!
- Step 1: Head to your local flower shop and pick up a giant silver Mylar balloon. If the big ones are out of stock, due to high demand, a bunch of small ones will work, too.
- Step 2: Don a crewneck tee and jeans.
- Step 3: Carry around the Wife Swap DVD set.
- Step 4: Bribe friends to act as your fame-hungry family.
- Where the Wild Things Are: The Spike Jonze movie has swept the nation up in fond childhood nostalgia and an incredible indie soundtrack. Why not dress up as a cute and cuddly creature?
- Step 1: Gather up all the faux fur you can – vests, pants, scraps of fabric, “borrow” the trim from you sister’s parka!
- Step 2: Sew, hot glue, or tape it all together! It only has to last for one night, after all.
- Now you are wonderful and wild, just like West Virginia, and the Wild Things.
Do you have any outrageous ideas for a fun and funny Halloween costume? We know you’re the most creative bunch out there, so please share your gems of genius with us!