You want your school mascot to be something frightening, something grand, or something august, right? Something like The Warriors, The Tigers, The Spartans, or The Fighting Okra. The Fighting Okra? What? Can someone please break out into a rendition of “One of These Things is not Like the Other?”
Yes, it’s true. There are some mascots out there that are purely baffling, absolutely bamboozling, simply befuddling. So, sit down, take a deep breath, and prepare yourself for a barrel of laughter – the “Top Ten Strangest School Mascots!”
10. The Hubbers of Smethport High School. A wheel. Must have thought they were on a roll when they came up with this one.
9. The Anchormen of Rhode Island College. I wonder if their color is burgundy – Ron Burgundy that is.
8. The Artichokes of Scottsdale Community College. Nutritious, delicious, and oh so… frightening?
7. The Blue Hose of Presbyterian College. If it’s a garden hose, I don’t get it. If it’s hose as in tights, I expect their mascot to be quite fashionable.
6. The Banana Slugs of UC Santa Cruz. What are you gonna do, ooze all over me?
5. The Brewers of Vassar College. Seems a ‘beer-y’ ironic choice for a college mascot.
4. The Claim Jumpers of Columbia College. Before you can even get the words out of your mouth, they’ll shout, “You are NOT better than us!”
3. The Mighty Macs of Immaculata University. A computer, a raincoat, or a burger? Which one is it?
2. The Fighting Pickles of North Carolina School of the Arts. How can someone with a functioning ‘brine’ think up such a thing?
1. The Dirtbags of Long Beach State Baseball Team. Something to be proud of, for sure.
What’s your school mascot?