The Great Holiday Caper: Winston is Back!

‘Twas the holiday season, and all through the city,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a kitty
The Mod dresses were hung up in closets with care,
And many stylish girls would soon choose them to wear.
Blue, Keith, and Rad were nestled snug in their beds,
While visions of bacon danced in their heads…

Susan, Eric, and Winston cuddled up on their cozy couch,
Where it was merry and warm, for which Winston could vouch!
They were oh-so-happy that their darling pug was returned,
But, my, what important holiday lessons everyone had learned!

First, Winston must not be so easily tempted by sweets and treats,
And should try a healthy diet consisting of whole grains and wheats.
Susan and Eric discovered that even throughout all the hectic holiday chaos,
Missing Winston brought them closer together and for that they couldn’t be cross.
As for the Ice Queen, she learned that stealing Winston is not right,
And she now has found a pug of her own, which fills her with delight!

It’s thanks to you, the best ModDetectives, that the case was cracked,
But there can only be one Great Holiday Caper winner, and that’s a fact!
So, Ashley D., congratulations – you’re the winner of this contest!
We hope it was fun for everyone, and have just one more request…

We ask that you enjoy the holiday season and the joy that it brings,
Revel in the merriment, friends, family, and all those festive things!
We also want to send a shout out to Jessica G., Kelly R., and Nicollette J.
For their ridiculously wonderful rhyming responses just took our breath away!
Now, the caper has come to its close and we would like to thank you all.
We hope that every one of you amazing ModLovers, with this contest had a ball!

Happy Holidays!

13 Responses to The Great Holiday Caper: Winston is Back!

1. Megan 12/18/2009 at 5:12 pm #

‘Grats to the winner!

2. MJ 12/18/2009 at 6:13 pm #

Congratulations to Ashley D – enjoy the spree, happy holidays!

3. Nola 12/18/2009 at 6:35 pm #

ah i wish they would post the rhyming answers! i loved the winston holiday poem!

4. Emily 12/18/2009 at 6:48 pm #

too bad i didn’t win haha but this was fun! They should do more of these types of things :)

5. Alison 12/18/2009 at 6:48 pm #

This was a fun contest, and although I didn’t win I still enjoyed myself. So, thank you for the fun times, ModCloth, and Happy Holidays! :)

6. Ashley 12/18/2009 at 7:41 pm #

Thank you SO much, ModCloth– you guys are awesome! Happy Holidays!

7. nicole 12/19/2009 at 9:10 am #

i loved this contest and the rhyming galore was pretty darn impressive! thank you to modcloth for making the holidays even merrier!

8. janie lynn 12/19/2009 at 11:25 am #

Thanks SO much Natalie! For EVERYTHING. Pittsburgh looks awesome and I’m seriously over the moon about everything you said! Great job on the photoshoot by the way, and all the rhyme time. It was honest to blog awesome as usual! So anyway, thank you thank you thank you and I’m sure I’ll be in touch with ya again soon! Happy Holidays! ~janie lynn

9. Jessica G. 12/20/2009 at 5:53 am #

I loved it!! it was so fun coming upi with ryhming answers too, but im posting them up so you guys can see them.Have fun! I will post it on the next one!

10. Jessica G. 12/20/2009 at 5:54 am #

Here was my answering ryhme!! Enjoy!:)
    Twas’ the holiday season, when we discovered treason.
    Someone walking down the street came upon a paper, it claimed THE GREAT HOLIDAY WINSTON CAPER.
    Someone had taken our favorite little pug, with tears in our eyes everyone needed a hug.
    We were celebrating an occasion that cannot be missed, but without Winston it all would only be snow mist.
    And so all around the country ModLovers united,hoping that little Winston could be sighted.
    When, where, why, how, and who , everyone started to pursue.
    So with my poirot ring and necklace, I was ready to follow
    And soon I started to uncover, the sequence of events that was being discovered.
    He was taken During Snack Time, so quiet as a mime.
    I followed the footsteps to find, where he was hiding behind.
    It was At the Goddie Truck, where winston ran out of luck.
    He was brought in by an Ice cream Lure , a trail I followed just to be sure.
    It was obvious why this little pug was snatched, he is Warm and cuddly and anyone can grow so attached.
    Only a final clue is left to unfold,who was the caper that acted so bold.
    And so the final trail leaded to a stop, where the culprit was found and finally caught.
    The Ice queen had the pug to her own, and clearly it was shown.
    Winston was never hurt to our hope, he was only cuddled and hugged in an icy slope.
    But Susan and Eric wouldn’t have to worry, for she had agreed to return him full and furry.
    Winston was back! and so everyone cheered! Our favorite little pug had finally reappeared!
    And so all our worries were finally cleared, and everyone danced and sang in cheer!
    Winston was back and here to stay, warming our hearts until that december day.
    The mystery is solved and no other story to be seen, for the contest is over and and surely to be redeemed.
    Now the celebration can continue on ahead! Because this holiday caper has come to an end.
    Modlovers all around sighed in relief, happy to see there really was no theif.
    So to ModDetectives all around the world, we wish you a thank you to finding what was untold.
    Congratulations to all who helped in this flight, and so I wish you all a good night!
    Merry Christmas!

11. The Other Ashley 12/20/2009 at 5:25 pm #

Wow!!!! Thank you SO much!! The snowstorms here knocked out the power to a large part of the region, so this is the first chance I’ve had to get back online. I was excited to be able to access the internet; now I’m pretty much giddy!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, ModCloth!!!!

12. jessie 12/21/2009 at 12:54 pm #

I wanted to win, though. :(

13. Natalie 12/21/2009 at 6:26 pm #

We’re tickled pink that you all enjoyed the contest so much! Stay tuned for more fun to come in the near future! And Janie Lynn, it was no problem at all. :)

-Natalie B.