Who knew a mini candy bar, a stick, and cookie dough could look so charming together? If you’re looking for one last hurrah to add to your assortment of appetizers and holiday gift bags, then ‘stick’ it to these simple goodies!
Cookie Candy Bar Pops
- A bag of candy bars (Snickers types work best!)
- Lollipop or popsicle sticks
- Decorative wrap paper (clear bags, decorated bags, cellophane, your choice)
- Cookie dough (I use this one from Betty Crocker, omitting the chocolate chips and nuts)
- Prepare your candy bars by piercing through one end with either a popsicle or lollipop stick.
- Once your dough is prepared, as per your recipe of choice, take 2 tablespoon-sized pieces of dough, and form them into a rectangular shape, lying flat.
- Place your candy bar in the center of the dough, and fold edges over the sides (the more dough on bottom, the better!).
- Once folded, shape in the palm of your hand to seal the top and bottom edges.
- Line up on a greased pan in alternating directions, so they don’t overlap when baking.
- After they come out of the oven looking beautiful, let them cool for while, if there wasn’t enough dough below the candy bar, it might have seeped through onto the pan!
- Lastly, wrap them in clear cellophane or something equivalent, and tie near the base of the cookie to seal them like a lollipop! You can get really creative with your packaging, I just ended up taking the simple route!
The candy bars I’ve found work best for centers are Snickers, Milky Way, and Reese’s Fast Break! I’m sure there are other combinations out there. You could use peanut butter cookie dough, or add anything to the cookie mix; the possibilities are endless!
What do you think a good combination would be for a custom Cookie Candy Bar Pop?