[Image Above: www.mrl.nyu.edu]
2010. Hard to believe we’re here already. So what does the future hold? Sadly, I lost my mystical ability to read the future a few years back and can’t give you an informed answer to that question. What I can do, however, is tell you some really awesome things we’d sure like to see pop up in the coming decade. Some of them silly, others genuinely brilliant, I heartily encourage all the modern day Ben Franklins to get on their thinking caps and start creating these “Top 10 Things We Hope Are Invented in the Upcoming Decade!”
10. Personal Jet Packs. This fly idea has been around for ages, yet no one has brought it to the market. Why?
9. Space Vacations. This is in the process, but yet to be realized, so we’re still mooning over the idea.
8. Rear View Glasses. So we won’t need eyes in the back of our heads.
7. De-microwave. When I was really little, I once thought you could also make things colder in microwaves. It was a logical thought for a wee tyke, but it didn’t work. It would be convenient, though, if someone invented the antithesis to a microwave.
6. Illuminating Wallpaper. A bright idea for lighting up one’s room.
5. Soundproofing for Open Windows. You know in the summer, when you want to sleep with your windows open, but you can’t because of all the noise? These would take care of that.
4. Self-Heating Dishware. When microwaves are nowhere in sight, we get left out in the cold when our food gets cold. These dishes would keep your grub warm til the last bite.
3. Hand Recognition Door Knobs. The key to making losing your keys a thing of the past.
2. Robot Maid. Like Rosie from the Jetsons, with this maid, your life would be made! Automatically clean houses, instantly clean clothes, dinner waiting for you when you get home – ah, that would be the life.
1. Energy-Gathering Device for Computers. A device for keyboards and your mouse that gathers the energy produced by typing and clicking. The energy gathered could help power the computer.
What inventions do you hope to see in the next 10 years?