Mix Master

[Image Above: lefthandendeavor.blogspot.com]

Mixing prints is a like a delicate art that requires the restraint of a world-class chef – an extra dash of this or pinch of that can ruin the whole dish! The above ensemble strikes me as the perfect balance of pretty prints and stylish splashes. Her crimson and cream plaid shirt adds a bit of ruggedness to an otherwise feminine grey-printed black skirt, while the ebony T-strap heels are balanced by the innocence of white ruffled ankle socks, and a classic watch and thin cognac belt provide the finishing flourishes.

For your own take on a similar style, try the Snap To It Blouse, which features silver studding over an outdoorsy navy and green plaid for an extra touch of tough, paired with a subtly-patterned skirt, the I Wove You Belt, and then add the charming accessories of your choice to round out an effortlessly chic look!

About Natalie

Natalie is a native Pittsburgher who enjoys dinner for breakfast, breakfast for dinner, and Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants any time. She thinks that a lady can never have too many pairs of boots. She is also a big believer in retail therapy. She'd like to take this opportunity to tell her mother that she thinks she's the most amazing woman ever. Asparagus is her favorite veggie. Green is her favorite color. And last, but not least, Winston holds a very special place in her heart.

8 Responses to Mix Master

1. Jen 01/18/2010 at 4:45 pm #

Your “world class chef” metaphor is so apt! I’ve thought about trying to mix prints before, but always end up wimping out. This post has inspired me!

2. Vivian 01/18/2010 at 5:15 pm #

this outfit is stunning!!! love it love it love it!

3. Annie 01/18/2010 at 5:29 pm #

Super, super cute!

4. Maya 01/18/2010 at 5:32 pm #

I always used to try, but then my mother would be all like ‘are you sure you want to leave the house in that’ and i’d be all like ‘YES…..sh*t….. i hate you’ and have to go change.

Stupid mothers with their ability to guilt me into things! (who am i kidding, I love my mum!)

5. Natalie B. 01/18/2010 at 6:01 pm #

Haha! Maya, my mom totally used to do that to me, too. Oh, moms… The sense of doubt they can instill in us is uncanny.

P.S. I love your blog! :)

6. Maya 01/18/2010 at 7:53 pm #

I’m slowly starting to learn her jedi ways. It’s fun when the tables are turned.

And thankyou, you’re far too kind to read through my babble!

7. hanako66 01/19/2010 at 7:59 pm #