Laurence of Beacon's Closet

Who: Jenn, Fashion Writer

What: Green sequined Laurence Kazar dress

Where: Beacon’s Closet, Brooklyn, NY

How Much: $20

When I use It: Ideally, every hour of every day! So far, though, I’ve only been brave enough to wear it out at night. I wore it to ModCloth’s Annual Post-Holiday Party two weeks ago, actually!

Shopping Tips: Perseverance, practical shopping shoes, and pocket-sized antibacterial gel!

Attention Blog Readers! — We know you guys are the most clever and most stylish bunch on the web, and we’d love to feature you on future Favorite Find Posts! Please email us (favfinds@modcloth.com) a picture of you with one of your favorite shopping finds (a piece of furniture, a hard-to-find record, the perfect vintage boots, or any other treasure) and answer the questions: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips. We can’t wait to see all the cool items you’ve discovered!

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

About Julianne

Julie is a modern day Renaissance woman and die-hard bloody mary enthusiast. When she’s not sprinkling magic fairy dust onto ModCloth’s social media channels, you can find her eclectic point of view on food, fashion, music, and DIY documented here!

11 Responses to Laurence of Beacon's Closet

1. aire 01/19/2010 at 3:56 pm #

I adore this dress, shocker, I know! :)

Jenn there is a picture of you in it on the post below.

2. Jacky 01/19/2010 at 3:56 pm #

sweet. if it fits shorter like a tunic it looks like itd be hot with shiny black leggings and long brown hair to one side.

3. Jacky 01/19/2010 at 3:58 pm #

ohh just saw the photo. it does fit shorter. super cute find!

only drag about vintage is that it is always too big for my body. not like just a little, like majorly too big for me.

4. Jen 01/19/2010 at 4:07 pm #

Jenn, you looked so pretty in this dress! It is gorgeous.

I don’t think vintage is too big…you have to search harder for something that works, since it is not usually arranged by size, like in a department store.

5. Natalie B. 01/19/2010 at 6:52 pm #

Jenn’s shopping tip on anti-bacterial hand gel – priceless! I went thrifting this past weekend, then went to lunch, where my boyfriend commented, “We were just in Salvation Army – better keep the paper on the sandwich.”

6. Christina 01/19/2010 at 11:31 pm #

Jenn–I would totally rock this dress during the day, if I were you. It’s so fun and the color’s so nice… might as well shine in it! I can totally see this with a dark pine coat…

7. Jacky 01/20/2010 at 1:11 pm #

nah Jenn, I mean the smallest sizes, sm / xs even 0s are too big on me, because when they were made, they were made slightly larger than sizes make now, so they just don’t fit me =( otherwise I’d be all for it. But this dress looks great on Jenn!

8. aire 01/20/2010 at 1:14 pm #

I still find in most cases Jacky, its worth buying the item and having it tailored. Even after the extra cost of the tailor, the item (to me) is still a good deal due to the uniqueness.

Basically there is no reason why everyone can’t buy vintage and wear sequins everyday! :)

9. Annie 01/21/2010 at 6:12 pm #

Hm, I’ve always found that vintage pieces tend to run small, because the size standards were much different “back then.” For example, a size 12/14 in vintage would be today’s equivalent to a size 8/10.

10. Megan Domino 01/22/2010 at 2:37 pm #

Took a momentary glimpse at this and died a little inside. i want it in my closet.

11. Pahnia 11/04/2010 at 9:35 pm #

I love your dress. I love Laurnce Kazar the designer. If you ever think about selling it you should contacts me.