Black and White and Orchid Glamour

[Image Above: chictopia.com]

I couldn’t help but fall head-over-heels for this woman’s irresistibly retro ensemble! She’s done a noteworthy job of combining true vintage and vintage-inspired pieces to achieve a pretty, polished outfit infused with old school glamour. Her gorgeous barrette, boxy bag, and vintage gloves conjure up a nostalgic reverence for fashion of the 1930′s and 1940′s, and by keeping her cardigan, pencil skirt, stockings, and pumps black and white, she’s created a canvas that will allow her orchid colored coat with its darling, Peter Pan collar to pop!

Get a similar, vintage-inspired ensemble by layering the Heartfelt Coat over the Whiter Shade of Pale Top and the Teacher’s Pet Skirt in Slate. Love this stylish lady’s retro-chic accessories? Slip on a pair of White Poise Gloves, fasten the Lucy Locket Bracelet around your wrist, and adorn your locks with the Should I Stay or Should I Bow.

About ModCloth

8 Responses to Black and White and Orchid Glamour

1. Biascuts 01/27/2010 at 12:00 pm #

I absolutely adore the muted tones of the purple. I feel that the bag really makes the whole retro vibe come alive. I can see this outfit being worn around the office as a great way to show off one’s own sense of style and flair.

2. Rebecca 01/27/2010 at 12:02 pm #

Purple for the win! I love that color!

3. Annie 01/27/2010 at 12:02 pm #

This is such a lovely and inspiring ensemble! Great pick, Jen!

4. NatalieB 01/27/2010 at 12:52 pm #

Even her hair is gorgeous! I love black and white with one pop of color. Such a classy and classic combo!

5. Annabel 01/27/2010 at 12:59 pm #

I think heads will turn when she walks on the street, gorgeous!
    x Annabel from petiteannabel.blogspot.com

6. Zoe' 01/27/2010 at 2:08 pm #

totally brilliant!!

7. Joey Boylan 01/27/2010 at 3:07 pm #

Hey that is me! Thanks for the kind words and glad you liked my look! I am always trying to combine my modern pieces with vintage pieces! (Blush) Thanks :-)

8. Maya 01/27/2010 at 5:29 pm #

I’m in love with that jacket. That purple makes my heart pitter patter