Bowled and Beautiful

[Image Above: chictopia.com]

True, it is winter in Pittsburgh (and will be for quite some time). True, there are no tropical getaways in my near future. Still, from time to time I like to allow myself a little escape from the cold weather routine, and what better way to do that than daydream about summer clothing? When I came across this woman’s photo, I knew I had found something extraordinary. I can’t get over the way she so expertly (and apparently effortlessly) balances masculine and feminine pieces: a menswear-inspired black bowler hat and blazer with a bright, feminine, floral print dress and a wrist full of bangles!

If you love this look as much as I do, take your style cues from this lady, and pair the Georgia Dress with the Rat-a-Tat- Hat, A Stud-y in Chic Blazer, and the Bangle-desh Bracelet Set. Can’t wait for the warmer weather? Try adding a pair of solid colored tights and a cute cardigan for layering warmth.

What are you excited to wear this summer?

About ModCloth

7 Responses to Bowled and Beautiful

1. Aire (ModCloth) 01/29/2010 at 12:43 pm #

I really like her look! Great find Jen! :)

2. Natalie B. (ModCloth) 01/29/2010 at 2:12 pm #

I love less-is-more looks! This girl hardly needs any accessorizing to look fantastic, and I really like that she didn’t add excess to her sweet and sassy style. Adorbs!

3. Maya 01/29/2010 at 5:24 pm #

Bowler hats are just the bees knees and that little chickadee looks fantastic and effortless.

It’s also given me inspiration for my dad’s moustache party.

4. Tori 01/29/2010 at 5:57 pm #

I love this. She is so adorable.

5. Katie 01/29/2010 at 7:58 pm #

Ah! Simple, sweet, and sorta sexy, too, right? I love it!

6. Tiffany 01/29/2010 at 8:00 pm #

I love this!! The hat just makes the entire look! It kind of reminds me of that show, “Blossom”.
    Great find, I love it!

7. Tracy J 02/01/2010 at 9:55 am #

This really does look like something Six from “Blossom” would wear! I love it! In the words of Joey Lawerence…WHOA!