[Image Above: fanpop.com]
Stop keeping your daydreams at bay; open up the golden gates of your imagination, and set your sights on San Francisco! From a booming Chinatown to the windiest street in the world, this city is crammed with so much wonderful stuff that it will make you quake at the knees! So, read these five rip-roaringly righteous recommendations, and fill a few hours with some California dreaming.
Click through to see what wonders await you!
[Image above: commons.wikipedia.org]
1. When was the last time you got to cackle, hiss, cheer, and sing at a movie theater without annoying your neighbor? Hm, probably never, right? Well that’s all about to change. Just attend one of the classic musical sing-a-longs at the Castro Theater. Get there early, though! Word has it these screenings are popular events!
2. There’s hardly an urban sight more delightful than a mural. So, don’t forget to paint the constantly changing Balmy Street Murals and Clarion Alley Murals into your schedule! Though each has a different feel, both of these colorful, Mission District places will put a smile on your faces!
3. Get ready for bizarre burlesque, and shimmy on over to El Rio, a bar that is home to the Friday night performances of the Red Hots Burlesque. Every show put on by this gregarious group is different – expect anything and everything from muppet-themed acts to Marylin lookalikes singing odes to politicians – but no matter the skits, you’ll sure have an uproarious and unusual time.
[Image Above: thepioneerwoman.com]
4. Hiding behind a slightly dilapidated storefront is a hole in the wall eatery sure to sate even your most savage hunger. Yamo, a teeny Burmese restaurant, only has about 10 seats, but it’s well worth a visit. Whether you’re ordering a Tea Leaf Salad or the Yamo House Noodles, the two hardworking ladies behind the counter will cook you up a plate full of palette-pleasing fare!
5. The only thing we don’t like about garage sales is their annoying habit of, well, ending! That’s why we like the Garage Store so much – it’s pretty much a never-ending garage sale. With new things constantly arriving, spilling out of the garage, onto the sidewalk, and into two accompanying rooms, this consignment shop will give you all the flair of a garage sale without the finite finish.
Give San Fran your shout out by commenting below!